1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you block adsense code via IP address?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by vectorgraphx, Apr 3, 2006.

I've found some plugins that do it - i.e. for my joomla site there's one that uses something called "clicksafe", but i was wondering if there were some way to block the ads from displaying on certain IP addresses through google's adsense setup? similar to how the revenue sharing program works here by not showing your adsense code when you're logged in to the forum?

I'm new to adsense and am trying to be very conscientious about not clicking on my own ads - and was hoping to do it programmatically so no one in my household or work accidentally clicks on one.

What methods do you guys use to keep your ads from displaying when you look at your pages? just curious - any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

thanks alot!

VG

vectorgraphx, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  2. jaymcc

jaymcc Peon

Best Answers:
    We did this on newagestore.com, but did it programatically based on the profile of the logged in user, not so much the IP address of the browser.

We then coded the ads to not display if a specific property was found in the profile of the logged in user.

J

jaymcc, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  3. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been discussed a couple of times recently. The solutions boil down to:

edit the host file on your computer so that you never show AdSense ads on any site

if your pages are served in php, determine whether or not to show the AdSense adblock based on the IP address of or change the account detail so show public service ads based on IP address

become self disciplined enough to not click on your ads.

I use the third option.

One of the more recent threads is: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=61290&page=2&highlight=block+adsense

and

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=67344

clancey, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  4. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey VG,

If you use FireFox as your browser, there's an extension called 'NoScript' which blocks JavaScript - you can set it to temporarily/permanently block/allow scripts on any site. This would be one way for you to prevent the ads from appearing on your sites with your home computer. I don't have a viable solution for blocking ads where you work, but hopefully some of the other suggestions will work for you. :)

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  5. truongduong201

truongduong201 Member

Best Answers:
    i using Anti Click-Fraud Settings plugin wordpress to monitering click adsense my site OK

truongduong201, Jun 23, 2015 IP