1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how do you backup your ipod music?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jayceww, Apr 20, 2012.

Hi guys, I’m new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

jayceww, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  2. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    If your ipod has no more space for new songs then you have to delete some or just save them on your computer.

chinasa, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  3. candicecao

candicecao Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it’s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
    But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

candicecao, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  4. Yocihope

Yocihope Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all pls make sure that ur iTunes is set to manually manage music. Then do it as the following dteps:

1.Connect iPod to computer, go to my computer n double click iPod drive, choose "tools" --> “Folder Options”--> “View” --> select “Show Hidden Files & Folders”and click “OK”

2.now right click “iPod Control” folder--> select “Properties”--> un-select “Hidden” and click “OK” --> select “Apply Changes To This Folder, Subfolder And Files” and click “OK” .

3.Next, click “iPod Control” folder and open “Music” , did u see folders labeled F00, F01, F02, F03…? Now Place iTunes side by side w/ this window and make sure that “Music Library” is displayed.

4.In iTunes select “Edit” --> Preferences-->Advanced, and put a check next to: “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” &”Copy Files To iTunes Music Folder When Adding To Library”, click “OK”.

5.Last step, just drag and drop all of the “F” folders into “Music Library” of itunes.

Done!

This might be a little complicated but it definitely works well, and it’s totally free, better than u get a ipod transfer or sth like that.

Yocihope, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  5. tonyjazz

tonyjazz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    brother use copytrans, way better than itunes!

tonyjazz, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  6. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't even copy new songs in my iPod. I tried iTunes. But failed. What should I do?

war_machine, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  7. honeyclarck

honeyclarck Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with yocihope in this problem he defines the most appropriate solution for your problem. You must try this i hope you get your maximum.

honeyclarck, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  8. Twinkie

Twinkie Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually mounting it as a disk, and then taking a disk image seems to be a fast and painless way.

Twinkie, May 1, 2012 IP
  9. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Connect iPod with any computer, then iTunes will start up. Right click your iPod and select iPod options, You'll start out in the iPod/Music section, which is right where you want to be. Near the bottom of the screen, check the Enable Disk Use box if it isn't already checked. In this case, your computer can read the folders in iPod.

janinjackson, May 2, 2012 IP
  10. antawnmason

antawnmason Peon

Best Answers:
    Download and install the trial version of CopyPod. Before starting, make sure to put iPod in manual mode. To do so, open iTunes and go to edit->preferences->iPod and select “manually manage songs.” Proceed to close iTunes and make sure your iPod is disconnected. Once this is done, you can open CopyPod. A notice window will popup, you can click “Skip Getting Started” to get rid of it. Now you can safely plugin your iPod. CopyPod will automatically detect your iPod, and a window simlar to the one below will popup. When you are prompted to start listing songs, Click Yes.

antawnmason, May 2, 2012 IP
  11. stewart1

stewart1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an really easy process to backup ipod songs. Apple launches a new software name I phone backup tool kit. Download from Google and connect your iPod through data cable and backup your data ipod to pc.

stewart1, May 19, 2012 IP
  12. haaiamerica

haaiamerica Peon

Best Answers:
    Backup via i tunes software.

haaiamerica, May 24, 2012 IP
  13. Dean F

Dean F Banned

Best Answers:
    Usually I use itunes,
    copy it to computer and than back up when you have done with your iPod

Dean F, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  14. Fedricwalls

Fedricwalls Peon

Best Answers:
    iTunes and iClouds are better option to save backup of my iPod music files. Moreover, I am also save these to my laptop and desktop for keep them safe always.

Fedricwalls, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  15. khai373

khai373 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you use copytrans for backing up itunes music.

khai373, Jun 24, 2012 IP