1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how do you ad music to blogger ?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Boston_JM, Apr 5, 2005.

how do you ad music to blogger ?

Boston_JM, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to do so? Most people hate visiting a website that starts playing music without the visitor requesting such. It's also very 1995.

mopacfan, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  3. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    do to the type of site it is ? if you know any help would be greatfull

Boston_JM, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  4. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    you can remove thread i found out thank you for the help and for any one that would like it here it is guess not many people know how to do this so i will teach you something ok you can thank me later :)

put the URL of the location of the file where is Says URL and make shure you put this between <head> and </head>

the code is <bgsound src="URL" loop="-1">

Boston_JM, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  5. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    Do you understand English? Mopacfan is not wondering how to add music, he is curious WHY you want to add music to your site. I find background music from websites very annoying and I know other people feel the same way.

Adding music is trivial; the benefit of adding music is debatable and actually I think most people don't like it.

redking, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Man alive!! Take it easy on this guy. He's the one that started the thread. English isn't his first language nor is it for many here. Why flame someone for that?

The thread may be useful to some whether you think music is a good idea or not.

Maybe he has a fan page and wants to showcase their music or is working for a client who insists. Flaming him isn't going to change that

yfs1, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  7. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    English isn't my first language either but I would take the time to READ and look at the replies to my thread/question. It's obvious the OP didn't. He totally ignored what Mopacfan posted.

redking, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    He started the thread! Why does he have to acknowledge Mopac (even if I agree with Mopac).

He asked a question, nobody helped the guy, he found it by pouring through Google results and was nice enough to post the solution in case others want to do the same thing. :confused:

yfs1, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  9. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    well let me explain something ok first off i didnt ask for him if he thaught was a good idear or bad my ? was how do you not do you think its a good idear so no i dont think i need to answer him he put his 2 cents in which was not asked if you want to put me done for english why dont you read my ? a little better because if you did read then you would have seen what my ? was it was not a vote on who thinks music is a good idear it was how do you add music so dont be flamming me ok and you know something programing is not my field but computer repair and networking is and when ever i can help some one i do with out asking twice but i guess programing is not the same and that makes me sad that it is not this way because when i was learning computers peolpe would want to help it was not like pulling teeth but i guess programing is which is ok i didnt get my answer answerd so there for i found a forum that was helpfull and some one didnt mind showing me which i was greatfull for but i guess instead of some one taking to min to tell me how instead he rather give me his 2 cents which was not the ? so i mean if your going to answer a ? then answer it if you cant or dont have the knowledge then just dont answer instead of giving your thaughts of why or why not he could have taken the 2 mins that he did to give me his thaughts and use it to help me but guess he just didnt know guess he also is learning which is cool :)

PS i was also kind of pissed that thread sit for 4 days before any one even helped and was so easy and instead of some one answering the ? he gave me his thaughts which pissed me off even more so by the time he asked me the ? i realy didnt care for his thaughts and yes i did answer the ? if you look does it matter why does it real if some one wants to build something does it matter to the person why they want to do it they just do i mean when i work on a computer and some one tells me they want 5 fans in there comp do i sit there and ask them why no i do it or if some one asks me a ? on how to fix a bad hard drive i will help them i dont sit there give my comments and not help them i mean that does what for the person 0

and just in case you didnt see my answer to him here it is

do to the type of site it is ? if you know any help would be greatfull

Boston_JM, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  10. Dr.Bacon

Dr.Bacon Peon

Best Answers:
    While I realize that this thread is over a year old, it seems that it degenerated into a debate about why the question was stupid without ever comming to an answer. So here it is.

I was curious myself, how do I play an MP3 on my blog? Well, the answer is pretty simple actually. Just throw in this code.

<OBJECT width='300' height='42'>
    <param name='SRC' value='http://www.YOURURLHERE.COM/SONG.MP3'>
    <param name='AUTOPLAY' VALUE='false'>
    <param name='CONTROLLER' VALUE='true'>
    <param name='BGCOLOR' VALUE='#FF9900'>
    <EMBED SRC='http://www.YOURURLHERE.COM/SONG.MP3' AUTOSTART='FALSE' LOOP='FALSE' WIDTH='300' HEIGHT='42' BGCOLOR='#222222' CONTROLLER='TRUE'>

Of course, if you'd like it to start automatically, you'll have to change the AUTOPLAY value to TRUE.. Now as far as the debate goes to as to the IF you should, well read above.

If you'd like to check out an example of this code working, goto my website at http://drbacon.blogspot.com and make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom... I usually put whatever my song of the day is on there. I hope this helped!

Dr.Bacon, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    thanks Dr. Bacon

yfs1, Apr 6, 2006 IP