1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do yo get into this directory?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by mnymkr, Jul 6, 2011.

I have a great site and applied for years. Is it impossible to get in?

mnymkr, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried reading the guidelines?

If you mean 'applied for years' as in you submitted once, and are still waiting, then that's all ya can do...

If you mean 'applied for years' as in you submitted multiple times, then you likely got banned as a spammer.

(it IS is the add page thats not changed in years and years)

Though, honestly, just move on. If you site is listable either an editor will find it in the queue, or they will find it by some other method... though that could still take several more years.

Don't bother waiting for it... it's not worth it. Just move on, and promote your site by other methods (that actually work).

Qryztufre, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is it the site in your signature? If it is, I honestly can't see it getting listed. It offers nothing close to the sites already listed on that topic. It has to offer something those already listed do not offer.

Agent000, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  4. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs can be ephemeral which is why we like to see lots of entries spread over quite a time before we list them. This one has no dates on its few entries so I have no clue whether you wrote the entire thing this morning or whether it's a year old with an entry every couple of months. I wouldn't list the former but I might list the latter.

It's a credibility and stability thing :).

jimnoble, Jul 7, 2011 IP