1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do they get away with this?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by remember, May 24, 2007.

Take a look at the source code of this site: http://www.frostslandscapes.co.uk

I have just been telling my client that he should keep his page titles short and avoid keyword stuffing and then he goes and finds this site that seems to contradict all the good advice I've picked up over the years and the webmaster guidlines and still performs really well in Google.

I tried searching for "landscaping <town name>" and found that this website comes near the top on Google for a LOT of the keywords.

Can anyone tell me how he is getting away with it and why I shouldn't do the same for my client (not that I would ever do this but I need to be able to give him a sensible answer).

remember, May 24, 2007 IP
  2. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow.. Ive never seen this much stuffing in any site! And it seems to work...
    Cant believe Google are letting this guy away with it!

Would make you seriously think!!

sparksflying, May 24, 2007 IP
  3. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even the developer of site New media is using same technique. :D they have PR above 5 too. Thats amazing! This is why we call G is unpredictable.

I feel SE's are just ignoring the meta tags, but that does not mean someone do keyword stuffing like that. These type of sites have no future, once gone it's hard to gain.

sipltech, May 24, 2007 IP
  4. remember

remember Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what's to stop me doing this for my client?

remember, May 24, 2007 IP
  5. turbosatan

turbosatan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    give you client a list of googles terms and conditions aswell as maybe a few extracts from seo based discussions.

show him webpages such as oceanfinance which were at the top of their game until google got rid of them for whatever reason.

blackhat or grey hat if you like tactics like keyword stuffing may pay off in the short term but will get you banned in the long term.

ask your client if they are looking for short term or long term boosts in ranking.

if they say short term then advise you cannot guarantee it will last longer than a week and keyword stuff cloak and spam your weasly little butt off linkfarms and all

turbosatan, May 24, 2007 IP
  6. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts will give you plenty of examples on why not to try something like that.

Interesting find. :)

cormac, May 24, 2007 IP
  7. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice page title !

Nystul, May 24, 2007 IP
  8. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you check how his inlinks are ? anchor text and so on ?

At least "landscaping <town name>" gets very few results anyway so its easy to rank.

login, May 24, 2007 IP
  9. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It makes lot of difference, when you test your own and serving your client. How one can risk client's business adopting SEO techniques that may lead towards permanent blacklisting of website. Any experienced person will definitely go for proven and tested methods.

The whole business is at risk and it's sounds like aimless shooting, one bullet may hit the bird. :D

"Experience teaches slowly and at the cost of mistakes, but is it ethical at the cost of client's business?

sipltech, May 24, 2007 IP