1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I take blogging to the next level?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by sdgroot45, Nov 30, 2011.

So, I've made a blog, I post to it everyday and I have had some initial success. In only 2 months I have about 100 visitors per day! I've focused on writing good quality posts that provide valuable information. I added adsense and am getting close to my first $100. My question is this. How do I take this blog to the next level. It seems that I am doing a lot of writing, posting, and SEO work for maybe 40-50 bucks per month. I intend to continue posting, but I wonder if I can take blogging to another level? What can I do? My blog is the signiture link.

sdgroot45, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  2. JonRhodesUK

JonRhodesUK Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would say that you should start writing more in depth articles. You current aricles are OK, but they are not to the level where people link to you and tell their freinds. I would say that you need to make less posts, one or two per week, but longer, more in depth, and more thought provoking. It is more about quality than it is quantity, so for the same work you can fewer, but higher quality posts, which will get you to the next level. Take a look at some of the top blogs and see their writing style for inspiration.

JonRhodesUK, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  3. ismedia net

ismedia net Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey... nice to meet you... reading your thread, you are lucky man. I have made blog for 1 month more but i havent got money..

ismedia net, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  4. mobi4all

mobi4all Active Member

Best Answers:
    100% agree

mobi4all, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  5. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to categorize your posts since they are too random. You seem to write about a wide range of things and categorizing them will make your site look organized as well as help users find information to your site quicker.

I agree with JonRhodesUK. You have plenty of articles on your blog but none of them seem to be worth telling the whole world about. Your latest post is about lightning and its different kinds. Why is it relevant to you and why should it matter to the rest of us? Adding your answer to that question and adding it to your lightning article will give more value to your readers than just plain "sharing information".

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  6. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start focusing your content. You are all over the place with your posting. What does the science of lightning have to do with SEO basics? Pick a specific niche and focus hard on it. Lots of sites rank well while having a wide variety of subjects, but they are almost entirely site with tons and tons of content. As an individual, unless you are writing 30-40+ posts per day, you will be hurting from your posts being on a wide range of subjects.

Improve your post quality. What I see, just on your front page, is not of the quality where you will get lots of attention from readers.

What backlinking have you done? If you aren't already doing daily backlinking, get started. It will boost your traffic, help you get out of PR 0 somewhere down the road, and improve your SERP's (if done correctly).

Are you using social media and 2.0 to share your content? Make sure you are posting your blog updates to Twitter, Facebook, Digg, etc personally and not relying on your viewers to do it. The day may come when you no longer need to worry about it because your users are blasting it all over the web but, for now, make sure you are doing it.

Beyond what I mentioned above about focusing your content, start building up internal relevance for individual posts. Take your "Types of lightning" post for example. You list of 9 types of lightning. Write up a short post, 250-400 words, for each of those types. Then place a link at the bottom of each of those posts to your "Types of lightning" post. In the main post, in each section for the different types of lightning, link to the smaller posts you made. Get some more info on the "Types of lightning" post to make it closer to the 1000 words mark. Repeat that process with other posts, having a main "mega" post with smaller feeder posts that expand on the subject, all linking to the main post for the subject. Google will absolutely love the highly relevant internal linking.

Work on improving your understanding of keyword tactics to improve SERP's for long-tail keywords, that are easier to rank well for in Google on smaller sites like yours.

Consider porting your blog from Blogger to Wordpress if you want to get serious about it. Save that for after you get a good start on the above, since you already have the blog started and aren't building from scratch. Having a Wordpress install running on your own hosting account will open a whole new world of possibilities in how you set up and manage your blog.

mhovingh, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  7. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend going to your favorite article directory of choice and opening a free author account. After you open your free author account, fill out your author resource bio section completely, and include links back to your website or blog of choice, as well as a link to your Facebook or twitter page also. At you start writing unique articles and submitting them to your article directory of choice, the author resource section will automatically appear along which are newly published articles on the websites of people who choose to republish articles as their website content. This is how you would take your blogging to the next level :)

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should study internet marketing hardcore, and build an email list. Once you have the list, you're in the green all the way. It sounds like you're off to a great start already, Adsense money is hard to come by. Just keep at it, and write down a daily checklist of activities you need to do regarding blogging. Do the entire checklist every day, and you will grow your blog quickly!

ninjamtlt1, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  9. mynewitguys

mynewitguys Peon

Best Answers:
    You should also try creating links to your blogs, about your blogs. That will help drive traffic quickly.

mynewitguys, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  10. ismedia net

ismedia net Peon

Best Answers:
    reading your thread make me knows much thing. Can you help me, I have questions. If I start to use wordpress cms, Should I start from zero? how about my blog in blogspot?:eek: thank you

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    ismedia net, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  11. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the previous posters. Going for quality rather than quantity is the best way to take blogging to the next level. Instead of writing 3 posts that are 200 words and good, write one 600 word post that is great.

Also, how are you getting the majority of your traffic? Have you been actively promoting the blog?

ajwalsh, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  12. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are various tutorials online like this one that maps out how you can transfer or migrate your site from Blogger to Wordpress. Seach for "migrate blogger to wordpress" and you should get a hefty list of links to various tutorials.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  13. stenem

stenem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should change your design
    this is like a normal blogspot blog

its not good to navigate
    at the end of every post put 1 or 2 links to releated topics

stenem, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  14. redjackers

redjackers Member

Best Answers:
    blogwalking bro,,
    maybe can interest other bloger,,
    or maybe, u use social bookmarking

redjackers, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  15. ColinLiang

ColinLiang Peon

Best Answers:
    Two quick things:

1. You are just writing about everything right now. That's a bad idea. Pick ONE topic and write about that. You need to make your site a niche; the go-to place for all information about that subject.

2. Use RSS.

ColinLiang, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  16. neoewatch media

neoewatch media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is a huge part of Blog SEO. After all, without content what is there to optimize? Obviously it takes time and resources to create quality content on a regular basis and that’s why many businesses falter in this area. They either don’t have the manpower, the time, or even the skills to do it right. In order to really be effective it’s important to create a blog and submit content to it daily, submit guest blog posts and articles to industry websites, create videos and upload them to video sharing sites, and create other “link bait” materials such as infographics and free whitepapers, guides, or E-books. Content needs to be taken seriously and content writers should be hired or the work should be outsourced to a trusted writer in order to promote your blog.

neoewatch media, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  17. chrisallen

chrisallen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you have to make your blog qualitative and technical as well, coz people want to see something different, They don't have the time to read a lot, just try to develop the attraction with some different idea along with the content which should be less than this.

chrisallen, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  18. drago

drago Peon

Best Answers:
    do something others don't.

drago, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  19. faisalreza

faisalreza Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

my suggestion, your next level is become a guess blogger to other blog, it can improve your credibility as blogger.
    for me, blog is nothing without reader. create killer content to make your blog wonderful

faisalreza, Jan 2, 2012 IP