1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I switch from WordPress to Joomla!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by MrMarco, Feb 28, 2006.

I've learned that what I want out of my site is too much for WordPress, or at the very least it doesn't have the expandability I will need in the future. So I'm going to give Joomla! a try.
    SEMrush
    My question is how do I make the transfer without totally screwing things up?
    It would be great if I could, somehow, work the Joomla! template on my puter and then upload and transfer on ASO. I don't know if that's possible. It's most likely not necessary since I don't have traffic at the site yet. However I do have a bunch of articles already on there. Which are also saved on my puter at home.

I've already downloaded Joomla! to my puter. I was hoping someone had some experience with this already.

Thanx in advance,
    Marco

MrMarco, Feb 28, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. egonitron

egonitron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to know this too, I'm subscribing to this thread. Come on, somebody has to know.

egonitron, May 7, 2008 IP
  3. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need some else to convert those sites. its not too hight cost. its will depends of your contents & layout. there some blog components those really good for joomla!.

- cost 150$ - 400$ - If there dont need many custom coding. you can use me or someone else. if you have any query please add me in your msn

Thanking You.

me4you, May 7, 2008 IP
  4. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have wordprerss with only about 105 posts how can i convert to joomla ? is there any free tool or as me4you only paid service ?

Mido, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  5. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    I use both Wordpress and Joomla for 2 different sites. They're completely different. I don't see any other way except to manually move the content from one CMS to the other. But maybe there's somebody else here who knows better?

dinarpw, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  6. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    after little time testing joomla i realy want to know how to convert my wordpress to joomla,wordpress is friendly for SE but joomla give many options to build a professional website. i wish someone can help us here

Mido, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  7. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe there is no other way to convert from wordpress to Joomla except manually moving each article from the one to the other. That's why nobody is giving any help here.

Try asking the forum in Joomla.org. Maybe somebody can help you out there...

dinarpw, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  8. scorpionagency

scorpionagency Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a possible solution I found in the joomla Forums for the migration process: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=75574

Hope it helps :)

This solution moves ALL your Blog posts, but not the comments from what it appears. Migration of all your blog posts should at least get you started though :)

scorpionagency, Jun 22, 2008 IP
    dinarpw likes this.
  9. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Great information! :)

dinarpw, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  10. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
  11. nanduupatel

nanduupatel Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks man...

nanduupatel, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  12. fender967

fender967 Peon

Best Answers:
    A better question is, why would you want to convert from wordpress to joomla?

Simple sites -> Wordpress
    Complex sites -> Drupal

fender967, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  13. sanyi007

sanyi007 Peon

Best Answers:
    well, because i think it is easier for a community site to use joomla (i know wordpress can be a cms too, but you have to work a lot, while joomla has the needed functions built in)

sanyi007, May 17, 2009 IP
  14. pigmike1983

pigmike1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a great tool to use that completely integrates WordPress into Joomla and you can migrate your blogs over to this component.

https://www.corephp.com/wordpress/wordpress-integration-for-joomla-1.5.html

Hope this helps!

pigmike1983, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  15. davidtran

davidtran Peon

Best Answers:
  16. Cognidox

Cognidox Peon

Best Answers:
    If your WordPress site just contains mainly blog posts then WordBridge might do what you want. You can find it on the Joomla extensions directory under news-production --- blog.

It's a component in Joomla that takes all the blog posts from your wordpress.com site and displays them in the Joomla-based site. It has support for Joomla 1.5 and 1,6. So you carry on using WordPress to write the blogs. Things like search blogs or sort by category work well.

It's new and there's still work to do (the WordPress API is quite limited) on things like comments but it is a free extension available under AGPL license.

Disclaimer - we wrote and donated it.

Cognidox, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  17. andre421

andre421 Peon

Best Answers:
    i see.but yuo must lern how to make joomla ,,,don't foget step by step freind.....

andre421, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  18. kaismi

kaismi Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a great free tool that completely converts WordPress blog into JoomBlog - extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/data-import-a-export/21946

Actually in converts into needed format blog posts with comments, categories, categories and users. All the staff is automatically imported into corresponding JoomBlog tables. Your SQL table is automatically backuped to stay safe.

I hope it will help someone

kaismi, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  19. WP4J

WP4J Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We have created a Joomla component that makes switching from Wordpress to Joomla super easy, you can even keep your same URLs so you won't lose your Google positions. Check it out at http://WP4J.com

WP4J, Jun 5, 2013 IP