1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I stop Norton from affecting my GeoVisitor?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Stellarbaby1205, Mar 14, 2006.

How do I get this to not happen?....

"Oops, a problem...
    Your browser is not sending the necessary referrer info (maybe Norton is blocking it?), so the map is falling back to data for digitalpoint.com"

Stellarbaby1205, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have Norton security setup to block referring URLs, Geo Visitors doesn't know what page you just clicked from. Did you confirm that's the problem (if you disable Norton does it work?)

digitalpoint, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  3. Stellarbaby1205

Stellarbaby1205 Peon

Best Answers:
    alright I guess I need to ask a better question... does that error message mean that when I click on the thing and see the balloons, that it's not updating right because of my Norton, or that it's just not updating my visits because of Norton.

Ah, sorry for not being clear.

Stellarbaby1205, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just yours... it should be tracking all visitors that aren't blocking their referring URLs (which should be the vast majority of them). What's the URL where you are running the Geo Visitors thing? I'll test it for you if you want.

digitalpoint, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  5. Xristoph Cvetanov

Xristoph Cvetanov Member

Best Answers:
    Geez, talk about post-bump! Ha, 2006 date? Do I even dare post response here LOL.

I recently got the same message as OP after adding the GEO visitor code to my site, but I'm thinking the fact my host has highest level of security is the cause, so i am curious... are their any inherent risks in having this code on a private community site?

Xristoph Cvetanov, Dec 7, 2015 IP