1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I start a math tutoring business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Raghu Kanchiraju, Nov 6, 2010.

Hi!
    I'm an Engineer and am really good at Engineering Maths. I wan to tutor College and High School students in mathematics (esp Calculus, Trigonometry, Algebra, Differential Equations etc). I'm already working (part time) for a company but the pay is meager. I plan to use GotoMeeting or Skype (suggestion are welcome here too)..
    Its going to be 1-1 audio/video session. Home and Assignment help will be included. i can probably give 6 hrs/student/week.
    Now my problem is how do I start? do I create a website? how do i market it? given that I'll be accepting a low number of students per week.
    most of all..how much do i charge per student per hour? please answer.
    Any suggestions/criticism are welcome. Thanks for your time.

Raghu Kanchiraju, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  2. pjshaun

pjshaun Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a website will be a good place to start. Search on google for other maths tutors.

pjshaun, Nov 6, 2010 IP
    daveman likes this.
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about it you're gonna need full live interaction (think Log Me In & Radmin) . You can't charge more then 2-3 USD per hour because those are the rates students charge for tutoring . There are tons of problems in the way . My advice ? Go back to the drawing board .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  4. Faydtutor

Faydtutor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tutor play a vital role in communicating our vision and philosophy to parents and students. It is your role to inspire children to realize their maximum potential. I would like to suggest you a website where you can see the more information about the same so do visit it once.
    http://www.faydtutor.com/

Thanks!!

Faydtutor, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  5. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would look for colleges that allow you to advertise to their students ten I would post ads.

daveman, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  6. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know much about teaching students? I have a post grad certificate in adult education and I think reading some books on tutoring will help you. ..

daveman, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  7. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would also join lots of tutoring agencies.

daveman, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  8. WANSEC

WANSEC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best one online that I've found is Tutorz. Check out their site and testimonials.

WANSEC, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  9. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a bumpy road my friend, but all the others here have good ideas, try them out. A website is a good idea, gather testimonials, use social media to the fullest and also do not forget the power of word of mouth in your line of business

Mehdi.b, Jul 29, 2015 IP