1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I sell stuff on my myspace site?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by AndrewSD, Oct 5, 2006.

How do I go about selling my band products on my myspace, such as tee shirts, stickers, etc for band stuff?

any links and/or comments are greatly valued.

Thanks,

Andrew

AndrewSD, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. DaveEMG

DaveEMG Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can't use javascript. If you have a cafepress store - you can link to that and hopefully drive some sales.

Myspace has terms in their TOS that state affiliate links are forbidden, but honestly I've never seen anyone get in trouble (but I've never seen anyone try to violate them significantly either). In the end, you're going to have to link them off your myspace to get to a storefront anyways, and cafepress is as good a program as there is (you can even get other affiliates to promote your products for you).

Cheers,

DaveEMG, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. AndrewSD

AndrewSD Peon

Best Answers:
    Dave, thank you so much , that's really good advice. what should I use instead of Java Script that works? I'll google cafepress.

Do you know anything about how they directly have it on the site. I wasn't specific about that cause I wanted to cast a big net, but since were on the topic, I was more interested to actually having it were you could see the product and then buy on the spot.

Thank you for mentioning their TOS. I am totally new to this, so it's really good to know, excellent advice on that.

what other affiliates do you recommend for a band or music project for such products bands sale such as what I mentioned above?

Really Dave, it's an honor,

Cheers to you too.

Andrew

AndrewSD, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. DaveEMG

DaveEMG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Andrew,

Well, depending on how talented your linking ability is, you could certainly have a product picture on your page, and then a button that says 'Buy it Now' which could be linked to a shopping cart system - you'd need to jump off myspace.com in that instance as well (myspace doesn't have a shopping cart for MS pages, which, honestly, is probably a good thing).

Pretty much every band that I've ever seen promote merch on myspace simply links to their merch store somewhere else. Yahoo shopping carts are pretty stupid-simple to implement (as long as you don't have too many products). OSCommerce is an open source solution which can be very robust as well, but you'll need a PHP programmer to make it do what you want it to (as well as your own domain and hosting, etc).

Seriously, your best bet is Cafe Press's program. I think Debra Carney is still running the gig over there (on the affiliate side), and you'll rarely find a better AM than her. What that means, is that you could have some of your web-savvy friends earning commissions while you're making more merch sales.

Good luck, got a link to the band?

DaveEMG, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. Crynos

Crynos Peon

Best Answers:
    Crynos, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. jvm222

jvm222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could put paypal links on your myspace.

jvm222, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. DaveEMG

DaveEMG Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh... maybe thats just a straight <FORM> field that posts to paypal... Interesting!

Best,

DaveEMG, Oct 5, 2006 IP