1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do i sell my products on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by netpox, Sep 17, 2009.

I tried selling my merchandise on amazon but it only allows me to sell whatever is already listed on there. It makes no sense...how do you sell your own products?

netpox, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  2. rayqsl

rayqsl Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's how Amazon works. You sell their products and get a commission. If you want to sell your own stuff then you need to set up your own pages on your website to run an online store.

rayqsl, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  3. piron

piron Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.amazonservices.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm?ld=AZFSSOA

They take a hefty percentage of whatever you sell. As well as an extra $.99 for each sale. If you sell more than 40 items a month sign up for the Pro Merchant Plan that cost a flat rate of $40/month. With this plan the extra $.99 per sale is waived.

On another note does anyone know if you can sell your items on amazon but promote them yourself with an amazon associates account on a separate website? I can draw a lot more traffic to my amazon product page this way and also decrease that 15% they take with the referal fees i earn as an associate. I just dont know if this is allowed or not.

piron, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  4. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know how to sell on there it's just weird that you have to pick a product that is already listed on Amazon to sell it. I sell baseball caps that are no listed on amazon and would like to post them on Amazon but there is no other product like mine on there that i can post mine under.

netpox, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  5. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    netpox, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  6. dinhquanghuy

dinhquanghuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you ask amazon for more ? I already sold a cellphone on amazon and listed it under name of another product similar to it .
    by the way ,I never comeback amazon for selling because their fees for listed so high .

dinhquanghuy, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  7. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about Amazon.com Marketplace?

Well... the idea is that you list your products on the page where they already list theirs.

That has an advantage: you don't have to do the advertising -- they'll advertise for you.

The fees are high indeed (and it seems like they've gone up again). However, you don't have to pay listing fees, so you only pay for the things you sell.

So I suppose it depends on what you're selling. I've sold books and CDs there, and since they're all different, it's great that I don't have to create new pages for everything.

And I can list it all without paying -- and so personally I don't begrudge them their commission.

About using the associate link... I have no idea if you can take people to YOUR specific listing with that. Will that work??? I was under the impression that they only pay commission for purchases of their listings. But I'd be happy to learn otherwise.

SEOwriterplus, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  8. big mouth club

big mouth club Peon

Best Answers:
    I can'sell product why??

big mouth club, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  9. vlmagee

vlmagee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can take people to your specific listing, but Amazon doesn't make it easy. As far as I can tell, none of the Amazon generated links will take you to a merchant's listing, but you can hand code it. And yes, you do get commission on "Marketplace" items; that has been true for several years, although it was not true initially, and you are permitted to link to your own items. A good number of self-published (and not self-published) authors do so to get the additional commission.

vlmagee, Sep 28, 2009 IP