1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I run an on-page cron job?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by qwikad.com, Aug 5, 2016.

Currently all my cron jobs are done though the cron job scheduler. I'd like to somehow be independent of that. I saw a thread on stackoverflow, but I am still not sure how to implement it to this or that particular page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...url-address-every-5-minutes/20267276#20267276

Do I simply place a line similar to this into a php page?

*/5 * * * * curl --request GET 'http://exemple.com/path/check.php?param1=1&param2=2'

Code (markup):
    Need some clarification.

qwikad.com, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are lots of scripts for running cron jobs like that. I can't remember which one I used but it's triggered by page views (google, human) and reads a database table to see what it needs to do.

sarahk, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And that's precisely what I need, a script that would "visit" or "reload" a page internally ever so often so that the DP would get updated. Sounds simple enough, but I spent a couple hours today searching for that script and ended up with nothing.

qwikad.com, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  4. Lanie2013

Lanie2013 Member

Best Answers:
    I am using easycron.com for my cron jobs. You can tried using this url: exemple.com/path/check.php?param1=1&param2=2

Lanie2013, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I ain't paying for something that should be free. I just want to repeat myself, I need a script that I can place into the pages to run cron jobs independent of any cron job scheduler(s). Hostgator allows me to schedule all kinds of cron jobs and I am happy with that, no need for another service. A script is what I need (if it even exists). Thanks for the tip though.

qwikad.com, Aug 7, 2016 IP