1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I retweet or quote tweet so it will show in search results?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by timmykim, Apr 9, 2017.

When I use "search twitter" (let's say I search @soandso) on my desktop and the results populate and then I click latest to put the results in order how do I retweet or quote tweet someone else's tweet (while adding my comments) so that my new tweet will show in those same search results? Everything I have tried so far the retweet/quote tweet only shows on my Twitter home page. I want to quote someone else and add my comments like when replying to a thread in a forum.

Thank you in advance for any help,
    timmykim

timmykim, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You mean like this

upload_2017-4-10_15-36-33.png

If you paste a twitter link into a tweet they automatically take it out and add in the thumbnail.

sarahk, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  3. timmykim

timmykim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I notice that tweets show up in search/latest almost immediately but if I paste "copy link to tweet" inside a tweet they don't show up in to search until hours later. Is there any way to speed up this process?

timmykim, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Probably only by linking to your reply from somewhere else but that will quickly look spammy. A few hours isn't the end of the world is it?

sarahk, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  5. timmykim

timmykim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, not the end of the world but was just wondering why the time lapse just by adding "copy link to tweet" to a tweet.?.?

timmykim, Apr 10, 2017 IP