1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Research What Products Will Sell Well In Ecommerce Store

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by plrinfo4u, Jul 7, 2015.

I do not have an idea what products I should be considering for selling on a ecommerce store, how do I go about researching what products to sell in an online store.

For example, I like the idea of selling stun guns, self defense products but is this a loser or winner, another product I like is noni juice or natural supplements just not sure

I would like to know what questions should i be asking myself when i found a product I am interested in but do not know if it will sell well

plrinfo4u, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  2. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    It is very important for an individual to do a complete research before selling any things online. It is very beneficial for you if you will sell natural products, supplements, and herbal things because it has been that most of the people nowadays are becoming health conscious. Few things are very important for you to understand about starting an e-commerce store:-
    Focus on your current idea and try to present your idea in a unique way different from others.
    Test everything before you invest.
    Find a proper location for manufacturing.
    Use the SEO techniques to make your website popular.
    Make sure that people are aware of your products and your website.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Lipipaliwal, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  3. cevirisozluk

cevirisozluk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go to the high street and follow young women...

cevirisozluk, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The products you listed are some of the most regulated and most competitive on the internet. Not saying you can't be successful doing it, but I'll tell you straight up, those are not going to be easy markets to get into.

Personally, I always recommend selling in industries you are interested in first of all, then find some way to fit into that industry that sets you apart from everyone else. As far as research goes, adwords bidding tools are one good way to estimate the potential of certain terms. You can typically get a look at the volume of interest as well as how competitive the advertising is for certain products and entire industries.

jestep, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  5. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to dropship products from sites like Amazon, Walmart, and other retail stores at a markup price on eBay. I would search for products related to a particular keyword (on the retail site), and see what they're going for on eBay. Then I would put the image and the description on my listing. I did pretty well with it for a while until eBay changed their rules.

mentat47, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  6. DeftDecor

DeftDecor Peon

Best Answers:
    Have a list of product types you're interested in retailing. Research wholesalers and industry articles to learn margins (for example, most tech products are notoriously bad to resell). Research competing retailers to gauge whether the industry, at least on the internet, is filled with a variety of big, consolidated players (very bad) or a bunch of smaller, fragmented sellers with only a few key players (good). Finally, explore keywords (both obvious ones and long-tail) you would target if you were to start this business and determine if there's a long list that you can realistically rank for. For low/medium traffic keywords, you want to be confident you can eventually rank top 3. For high traffic keywords with stiff competition, you can honestly be anywhere on page 1 and you'll get tons of traffic - the challenge is getting there.

DeftDecor, Jul 9, 2015 IP