1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I request modifications/customization from manufactures on Alibaba?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Danton133, Jun 30, 2020.

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm doing product research for my first product, I have a few ideas that require customization because what's currently on the markets is bad quality or for purposes of differentiation.
    How do I go about contacting suppliers and convincing them to redesign their product for me?

This seems a large outlay of time and effort for them with no guarantee I would buy their product especially when I've not done this before obviously I wouldn't state this.

So why would they agree to do it?
    The ideal situation would look like this:
    I request customization > they agree to redesign the product > once complete they send samples for me to test > I order lowest possible quantity
    Is this a realistic scenario?
    SEMrush
    Is it normal for manufactures to request a cost from me for redesign/upgrade?

Or perhaps would they insist I put down a deposit on an order before commencing design work? How does this usually work?
    Thanks in advance!
    Daniel

Danton133, Jun 30, 2020 IP
    SEMrush