1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Rank Without Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Robert_Suttons, Oct 12, 2018.

So I've recently put up a new website and it has no authority of course. I've been doing some research and stumbled across this post which talked about the keyword golden ratio as an easy way to rank without backlinks. Has anyone had any experience with the keyword golden ratio? Seems a little dodgy to me.

It didn't let me link to the post so here's the URL (http://zukais.co.uk/how-to-rank-without-backlinks/)

Robert_Suttons, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  2. Rezkin

Rezkin Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm familiar with the method. Also, I have a website that has very low amount of links and it did gain google rankings, until some recent Google algorithm updates at least.

This is a common sense advice in general. However, note that 250 searches per month is a very low volume for a keyword and you basically need to be in the top 3 position to gain any signifant traffic for it. Also, you MUST create extremly good content around a search term. And what that means is hours and hours spend researching and writing a thoughtfully structured content. This is not a shortcut to getting a results quickly and easily.

You will also spend quite a lot of time to find enough keyowrds with this techique. But it should be well worth it. It is not for the unpatient people.

In total, you do put a SOLID amount of work with this model and by all accounts you will get some traffic by using it. A traffic that you will be able to monetise.

I wouldn't try to do it litteraly without any backlinks though. There is no reason to not create some backlinks on a regular bases.

Rezkin, Oct 13, 2018 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  3. unisecureus

unisecureus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Implement Paid Campaigns.

unisecureus, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you plan to rank a post you need backlinks but if you dont want to do that i think writing content more often tergeting more keywords it will help your rankings and you would get more traffic

Spartan14, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your website is indexed, IT IS ALREADY RANKED! If it is not indexed, submit your URL to Google and it will be indexed AND ranked within a few hours.

mmerlinn, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    On-page SEO will only take you so far in order to rank for competitive keywords you will need quality backlinks.

dcristo, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  7. incomeobstacle

incomeobstacle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I once used social signals to rank my keywords on google first page. I tried it and it worked.

I also spent some time to build backlinks. It worked and there was difference.

From this experiment, I learnt one thing: social signals cannot replace the importance of backlinks.

In fact, backlinks and quality contents carries more weight in google ranking factors - whiles social signals carry a little.

What I'm trying to say is: if you want to rank for your keywords, you need backlinks. Quality and relevant backlinks as such.

incomeobstacle, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  8. macG

macG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can improve ranking by proper relevant quality organic content. You can also promote it in different social networks such as Fb, Twitter, Instagram for Social Media Marketing and gaining Link popularity. This will help you a lot for increasing your ranking in SERP.

macG, Oct 20, 2018 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is great advice! Adding content that is relevant and useful to the visitor will also keep people coming back. Social Media is a great way to get the word out and attract more traffic to your sites and blogs.

danasurvey, Oct 20, 2018 IP
  10. DigitalNT

DigitalNT Member

Best Answers:
    To rank, you will need the following:
    1. High quality content (SEO optimized but be careful not to stuff keywords)
    2. Social signals
    These 2 will help with ranking but remember that over time, you will need some backlinks

DigitalNT, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  11. tulleandtweedphoto

tulleandtweedphoto Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranking without backlinks is how most people start with their sites. It takes a while to get up and running (be patient, the payoff is nice). I found the biggest way was to do what most people don't have the time or want to spend the time doing, which is creating useful content consistently. Provide a value to someone and your rank will increase organically. It isn't a lie, I promise.

Additionally, try signing up for business directories. I advise personally against black hat SEO tactics as they hinder more than help. Google is a smart robot.

tulleandtweedphoto, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  12. tulleandtweedphoto

tulleandtweedphoto Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so true. Industry specific articles, how to articles, blogging just about anything of relevance with natural language and good back end SEO works!

tulleandtweedphoto, Oct 31, 2018 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    FALSE and FALSE

The ONLY thing needed to be ranked is making sure the site is INDEXED! If it is NOT indexed, it will NEVER be ranked. If it IS indexed, it will ALWAYS be ranked!

mmerlinn, Nov 12, 2018 IP
  14. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While ranking is nice, quality traffic that leads to conversions/actions should always be the number one goal (at least in my opinion).

danasurvey, Nov 14, 2018 IP
    ATMD and Karen May Jones like this.
  15. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    You could write a lot of articles or posts about the different issues on the topic you want to rank for. Quality is king, make sure your content is interesting and people will want to read it once they've landed on your page. If they don't find your content interesting or useful, even backlinks are not going to help, but if they enjoy reading your content, you will surely rank for it sooner or later.

Create a user-friendly site linking different articles together to prevent audience from leaving your site, internal links within your site help a lot in this regard.

On-page SEO is the answer I think you are looking for to rank highly without backlinks. Make sure that your keyword is in the heading and title of your article etc. Follow all of the steps for good on-page SEO, you could use the Yoast plugin, it is a free wordpress plugin that helps a lot with your SEO on-page optimization.

ATMD, Nov 14, 2018 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to say but its not a business strategy. You have to get backlinks.

Via content and on-page optimizations can get you ranked but if your competitors even if they have a slightest advantage (one link can also make difference) over the backlink profile then they will rank better.

mrb1129, Nov 15, 2018 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  17. ZAI

ZAI Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny I feel like Google know's local businesses are already busy. If they lay out a simple site with some basic kws I'm sure they will grade it differently and kind of give them a boost. Once I started adding quality links and spaced out etc, I started losing rankings. I've been building links still and working on speed etc and seeing a nice boost back up. If this makes any sense (I'm high) I think they have level of grading when it comes to local companies. Once you start looking like a real business that's trying to grow, then Google will drop you and make you work for it since it seems you know what you're doing it evens the playing field.

ZAI, Nov 19, 2018 IP
  18. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    Lol

Perhaps you are right, but it could also be that local websites are just highly relevant to local users, and since they are the ones searching those keywords, these local websites get healthy rankings. They might not have the best SEO, but local users view them differently to international sites.

ATMD, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  19. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. I would like to expand on this and say that quality traffic are the people who are actually looking to buy. Since they are already ready to buy, finding them would be more rewarding than simply ranking on Google. Finding them may be looking at related forums, social media, and other platforms where users discuss about buying and selling things in your field. Quality traffic leads to a high conversion ratio, and this should be the ultimate objective.

ATMD, Nov 21, 2018 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  20. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Websites are indexed. Keywords are ranked.

Jim4767, Nov 21, 2018 IP
    danasurvey and seo_buzz like this.