1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I promote my YouTube channel the best an most efficient way?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Maxreps1003, Jul 10, 2011.

Hey everyone! I am a YouTube video blogger / show host and I wanted to know does anyone know how to make my content get found by new users? I have about 1,500 subscribers, but it isn't going up as fast I want it to. I don't know if this is the right category to ask this question under, but if it is the wrong one I am sorry. So again, does anyone know of any services that can help me out? Oh and by the way my channel name is TheCamCast and found at http://www.YouTube.com/thecamcast and tell me if you like my videos. Thanks everyone so much! Appreciate it!

Maxreps1003, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  2. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your videos have to be viral. Viral means they have to be funny and/or interesting and have the proper title and description.

Some of the most popular youtube vids are makeup tutorials, crappy music videos and of course funny/outrageous stuff.

ninjashoes, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  3. Webelinx

Webelinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Embed your video to external sites

Webelinx, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  4. ThatKidBanks

ThatKidBanks Member

Best Answers:
    I'll have to totally disagree with that statement. You shouldn't have to switch up your style of video just to appeal to the masses. Yes viral video is what drives some channels but if you really want to generate traffic provide great video, meaning that the quality (video, audio) is on point and you make it informative. It takes a while (trust me) but its a gradual process.

ThatKidBanks, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  5. Squirrel_monkey

Squirrel_monkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some things I have found that worked: using the suggested tags, using the same keywords as popular videos in the same topic, using video responses (if they're friendly they'll put it up), post your videos on forums/your website/Facebook groups/Facebook pages/Reddit, use controversial/searchable terms, answer comments etc - and yeah find a consistent topic and post regularly (but not too often as that puts people off) with quality videos. I do bodybuilding training videos and post regularly and that's a very good strategy. Reviews of things are great I'm thinking of reviewing games or something soon. Good luck!

Squirrel_monkey, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  6. elfguy

elfguy Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed a lot of people post 'video responses' to other, popular videos.

elfguy, Jul 12, 2011 IP