1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Prevent Business Failures?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by psychost, Jan 24, 2012.

About once every year, thoughout the course of that year.. I'll startup, about 3 decent sized sites.
    I sink about $300 into each of them, and 99.9% of the time they just fail.

This failure could be not having users to never finishing to poor market choices.
    I'm trying to think of what it is I'm doing wrong in the online business market.

Some money making sites I've tried and failed...

four quarter store - an online sale with $1 digital items (sales: $3)
    All my proxies (1st attempt) sales: 0 (ads/surveys: $40)
    CPAShare (sales: $0:38)
    All my proxies (2nd attempt) Sales: 1 (total profit: $2)
    and... the list goes one.

Each site on this list cost be $150-300+ each time.... I simply don't know where to go from here..
    CPAShare is failing because users don't think its legit.. Four quarter store I guess was and advert issue... idk?

If anyone can help me it'd be greatly apprciated, I'm not looking for some get rich quick shit, I just want a sucessful site and get to a decent earning rate... $100/mo would be nice

psychost, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you keep jumping from one thing to another, you will never be a success in ANY BUSINESS, whether online or offline.

mmerlinn, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  3. brainmasterinfo

brainmasterinfo Member

Best Answers:
    Businesses are complicated by their own very character. To consider which only one element will possibly do or die a company is foolhardy as well as plays a part in the actual silo solution attitude. This strategy is just stated such as this: If I repair this one issue, then anything else is OK.

Effective businesses funnel what I contact the powerful forces associated with performance -- strategic preparing, execution as well as measurement. These types of forces, similar to the forces anyway, act upon every performance area such as success, customer service, development and development to name a few. Whenever all Three forces have been in alignment, the area experiences great energy as well as improved overall performance happens.

brainmasterinfo, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  4. foxgeorge

foxgeorge Peon

Best Answers:
    You can save your business from failure by proper marketing of it. Advertising & marketing is playing important role in your business. You can hire a good advertising & media company for your busienss. Edward De Valle runs a Media agency called AMG Worldwide which has won many awards for its specialties. Planning of marketing strategies with some innovative marketing strategies for his clients is Edward De Valle’s specialty. AMGW Agency has received many awards under Edward De Valle and is known for his professionalism.

foxgeorge, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  5. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need to get out of the mindset that failure is a bad thing. I consider it a crucial part of the learning curve and it trains you on what mistakes to avoid next time. As you said in your post, that you do not finish certain projects, how can you expect them to be a success when they are incomplete? You should also reign your budget in and learn to do more parts of the actual website creation. It only costs $8 for a domain and you can get designs for free or cheap at least. I have no idea how you put $150-300 into those projects.

venturefox, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  6. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    You can prevent business failures by learning the rule of online marketing from guru. When you are on the right track of online business, you will see the big result.

rith, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many reasons businesses fail. With some of your sites, it may be that a market never really existed for your product or service.

Or it may be that you failed to reach a market that did exist. You can't just put up a site and hope that people find it. If you are launching a site in an already-crowded market, getting noticed can be very difficult. If you rely only on being found by organic searches, you may have a very long slow climb. If you rely on paid advertising, such as AdWords, you may need a fairly large budget.

Or it could be that you attracted some traffic but didn't design the site well enough to convert visitors to buyers.

Unless you can see WHY each site failed, it is hard to tell you how to avoid repeating the same pattern.

Business Attorney, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  8. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If i was you i would just buy sites that are already making money and improve it, it’s the best way to get into the game. Also please note that if you’re buying scripts then it’s not a unique idea and it’s been done 1000s of times before, but those scripts if applied to a niche will return you a good investment.

four quarter store - an online sale with $1 digital items? why not put them on CD and sell them on Ebay?

ЄxDeus™, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  9. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should try to focus on one thing at a time. "Jack of all trades master of none"

It's important to chose the right market when creating a website for money making. Do your due diligence and search for keywords that people have a need to satisfy (such as weight loss, stop smoking, diet plans, make money, credit card debt, personal finance, dating, etc0 these are all evergreen markets that will always be there for the taking.

You can find sub niches that have good search volume and relatively low competition using the google keyword tool. create a website, and write unique content for it, keep writing as much as possible then promote it through bookmarking, social networks, rss submission, etc. add a monetization method like amazon, clickbank, google adsense.

keep writing more content develop into an authority site if you can with over 50 - 100 articles. you'll definitely make money guaranteed.
    Then you can sell that website for a good sum on a site like flippa.

Chose a business work it till it works.
    Online content is king, but consistency is paramount to your success.

good luck
    x

Anitasol, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  10. jchan24

jchan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    You may also be having a marketing and advertising problem as someone else stated.
    You need to use better SEO by creating blogs to market your products.
    Also, creating free blogs in itself on wordpress or blogger can generate some revenue depending on your blogging niche, but I haven't had much success with adsense except for a few dollars here and there. It depends on how often you post and the niche you post.

jchan24, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  11. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi psychost

Business are complicated online or offline. You need to actually learn about marketing plans, it's more complicated in practice than it sounds, as you experienced. It really helps that you know you've done everything from the books and if it fails then is your fault. If you dont take the initiative to learn more about business planning you'll continue failing. You need to have a good eye for quality (in content, design, everything !).

:)

nicelife, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  12. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cant prevent failure... you can only learn from failures... :)

Minterest, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  13. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    You can prevent business failures by learning the rule of online marketing from guru. When you are on the right track of online business, you will see the big result.

edvvardbrian, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  14. psychost

psychost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the long time on a reply.
    I did take the time to read each of your posts, however... of course I was trying new things before I read this stuff (email notifications are off lol)

I appreciate all the suggestions. I feel marketing is definatly my biggist issue.
    I've failed 2-3 sites since and started 4 new ones after that, even more so as already mentioned... I take on too much at once.
    I'm running a damnlol clone, two amazon markets, two iptv show sites, and started a few others and I killed off soon after.

I don't see my amazon sites going anywhere, but I'll hold off and give them time as Iv'e actually invested more in advertising this time around.
    I think I need to avoid the damn scripts...... I spent $600 this week basically starting clone sites.... WTF was I thinking? Hell if I know..... :/

I am a youtube partner however, and realized nearly all my earnings are rolling in from there, So I'm going to try and concentrate on making my channel better and try to get revenue off that....

psychost, Mar 7, 2012 IP