1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Mask Another HTTPS DOMAIN I Am Linking Too

Discussion in 'PHP' started by plrinfo4u, Nov 10, 2015.

I will be linking to the form page, the form page is a secured page with https to protect data being inputed, the problem I am having I will be linking to it from another website which is mine, but when the visitor decides to fill out the form, and hits the SUBMIT FORM button, they will be directed actually to another website, where they will out the form on their site and not mine.

1) How can I mask the site with my own actual domain name to appear in the url bar when they click on submit button so they do not know they are actually on another website. Will have to contact the webmaster at the other company to get this done, will i need an api or can it be handled in another way .

2) How difficult would it be to create the same form on my website then transfer that data into the form on the other site which is not my site.

NOT MY SITE _____ https: xyzcompany(dot)com/application_link?id=0099
    MY SITE _________ www(dot)hardmoneyloans(dot)com

plrinfo4u, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    The change may or may not be possible if he other site is willing to do so. However modern browsers can use plugins and preferences to be alerted to a re-direct anyway. Some of us would consider trying to mask the re-direct as a security issue and not use your site. There is nothing wrong with third party processing, but as soon as you try and hide the fact it raises an integrity and honesty issue that is important to some of us.

You could just format it on your site and submit to the other site, but depending on how your security is setup, you might open an attack vector.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 11, 2015 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In fact this is why the cross-domain policies in browsers were implemented -- specifically to prevent you from doing what's being described here!

Generally speaking, what's being asked for sounds pretty damned shady.

deathshadow, Nov 16, 2015 IP