1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I make this image clearer?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Jimbob1208, Oct 18, 2012.

Hi,

I have uploaded the below image as a product image on eBay but the red banners and text in the corners are blurred

I have used Arial font, web colour cc0033 and the image is 1500 px x 1500 px and saved as an RGB jpeg, but it is still not that sharp.

Is there anyway to make the text sharper and the red banners less pixelated?

image.jpg

Jimbob1208, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  2. alone777

alone777 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes sir its possible to show it sharp. if you want to make it clear i can do it

alone777, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  3. ilyakar

ilyakar Peon

Best Answers:
    What size was the image when you started working on it? If you stretched it in the process, then that's the problem.

ilyakar, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  4. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    What size are you wanting it to be displayed as? The reason it's getting distorted like that is because it's shrinking the image from 1500x1500 to whatever display size it is. Resize the image before adding the red banners and font, then upload it.

Piggy, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  5. qabati

qabati Peon

Best Answers:
    change the resolution may be.

qabati, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  6. avi619

avi619 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Redo the image with larger resolution, shouldn't be more than 10 mins of work!

avi619, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  7. arism0902

arism0902 Peon

Best Answers:
    change the resolution may be.[​IMG]

arism0902, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  8. srsexperts

srsexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    [h=1]How to make your photos super sharp in Photoshop (without adding noise)[/h]
    There seems to be a lot of debate about the best sharpening method in Photoshop. Some say it’s “unsharp mask,” while others swear by “smart sharpen,” and a few have developed complex multi-step workflows for sharpening their photos.
    I’ve tried a few of these techniques, but the one I like best is High-Pass sharpening. It’s my favorite method for two reasons:

• It barely adds any noise to your photo
    • It’s a short and quick process
    So, here’s how you do it:
    1.) You’ll need to have a flat image for this, so if you have multiple layers, merge them together by selecting “Flatten Image” from the “Layer” menu.
    2.) Create a duplicate layer of your flat image by selecting “Duplicate Layer…” from the “Layer” menu:
    3.) Go to the “Filter” menu, and go all the way to the bottom until you get to the submenu labeled “Other,” and then click on “High Pass…”4.) You should now see a window that looks like this:5.) The goal here is to select a pixel radius large enough so it outlines the edges of your photograph and shows a little bit of color (make sure the “preview” box is checked!). Usually values between 4 and 10 work very well. Here are a few examples of radius values that are too small, too big, and perfect:
    6.) Click “OK” to apply the filter
    7.) In the “Layers” window, click on the blending mode listbox, and select “Overlay”
    8.) Your photo should now look like it’s too sharp. But, don’t worry, the next step is to fix that! Right next to the blending mode listbox, there’s an “Opacity” slider. Click on that and lower the opacity until your photo looks sharp, but not too sharp. I usually set it between 30-45%.
    You should now have a super sharp photo! Here’s an example before/after:
    [​IMG]

srsexperts, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  9. sajidibacs

sajidibacs Member

Best Answers:
    I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make an image clearer after zooming in. This because (as you all know) when zooming into an image, the part you zoomed into is all blurred. Is there anyway of making the image that you just zoomed in really clear so that it is clear as before without zooming out.

I have try sharpening it but it makes hardly any difference.

sajidibacs, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  10. glowup0007

glowup0007 Peon

Best Answers:
    change the resolution may be and did color bright.

glowup0007, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  11. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, I'm afraid. If you have the source file, try saving as a GIF or PNG.

You really want to get this kind of thing done in vector in a program like Adobe Illustrator. Then you resize to any resolution without loss of quality.

Graphicsfx, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  12. tayyabbaba

tayyabbaba Peon

Best Answers:
    Try another formate

tayyabbaba, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  13. vidyashree

vidyashree Peon

Best Answers:
    better you refer youtube for each and every step it will guide you

vidyashree, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  14. jamadophotography

jamadophotography Peon

Best Answers:
    If your image is fine when you are creating it then there are two possible issues. One, your saving method. Are you saving the image at the highest possible resolution? If you are, then it should be clear when you open the image on your computers photo viewer. If it looks good then the problem would be on ebays side. Some websites automatically compress your image when uploading it to their site. Hope this helps.

jamadophotography, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  15. Venvy

Venvy Member

Best Answers:
    Use sharpen tool.

Venvy, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  16. Venvy

Venvy Member

Best Answers:
    or maybe resize it or something

Venvy, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  17. bizarotrips

bizarotrips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to save it as PNG and reupload it. This will eliminate the blur effect. Also make it in even aspect ratio - 1400 or 1600 px. Hope this will help :)

bizarotrips, Jan 29, 2013 IP