1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I limit live links for new users on phpbb

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by corinaw, May 26, 2006.

I've searched this forum (and google) already and can't find a mod to do this for phpbb-

I'd like to limit new users from posting live links (href)until a certain number of posts just like dp

I just installed phpbb, and my previous forum (in asp) had a lot of single post, multiple link (aka spam) postings. So rather than do a "nofollow" on all links per my previous forum

I thought I might try limiting live links depending on the post count.

If you have done this or can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Best regards,
    corina

corinaw, May 26, 2006 IP
  2. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001, May 26, 2006 IP
  3. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    a nice feature, but it does not really help- I think this is signature length depending on post.

I want a forum based on trust (like dp)- my last forum (asp) did a nofollow on all links, now that I did a total reinstall of php, I wan't to allow links, but make it difficult for the one post wonders that are out there!

corinaw, May 26, 2006 IP
  4. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My advice..good moderation.

RectangleMan, May 27, 2006 IP