1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I know my Ads are showing?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Such Great Heights, Dec 1, 2004.

OK I searched the coop ad network section and haven't found this answer, except a brief mention of "just trust the network and wait for backlinks."

As much as I trust Shawn and his work how do I prove to clients/others that their ads are running on the network.

I have created an account, added the ads, the site was validated, I have about 4K weight, and my ad was approved and enabled.

So my question is do I just wait for a Google backlink update and when it goes up I'll know? Or go to a site that is apart of the network and refresh until I see my ad? But my weight is somewhat low, so that might take a while.

Or is there another way of knowing?

If this has been answered please point me in the right direction and delete this thread. Thanks.

</mydumbquestion>

Such Great Heights, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If your account is validated and your ads are enabled, then your ads are in the rotation, if not, then they are not.

What you are asking is a little silly actually... how would you find the pages running AdSense that are showing your AdWords ads at any given time? Basically you don't.

digitalpoint, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  3. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Makes sense to me. :)
    Maybe there can be a little note, like the validation note, that checks if the site is validated and ads are enabled then display a n00b note of "Your ads are in rotation as of ... " or whatever.

If not, I'm fine with that too.
    Thanks again!

4. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend checking links from MSN beta search. I found Co-op links showing up within 24 hours when I signed up recently.

crew, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  5. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I figured with the way things are going Yahoo and MSN update their backlinks more regularly and accurately.

thanks!
    ----------
    I didn't think it would be this quick, but MSN's beta search already shows 2 more backlinks. thanks!

6. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Slurp and MSN seem to CONSTANTLY be crawling my somewhat small site.

If you are curious, I think my ads have been in rotation for about a week now. My weight was slightly less than 7,000 and I've had roughly 400 backlinks show up in MSN. (MSN is tough to figure out. that's off of the highest number they give. as I click further into results, the total number decreases. either way, it's definitely alot easier than link exchanges)

crew, Dec 1, 2004 IP