1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get traction past 150-300 daily views for a viral blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by RoadToTesla, Feb 8, 2017.

Heya,

I've got a viral science news/article blog that gets about 150-300 unique page visits every day. Half of that is coming from some Facebook advertising I've been doing, and the rest is a mix of search engines and social media. I'm finding it hard to figure out where to go from here.

Regular content is being posted on the site as well as on the Facebook/Twitter pages, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of audience engagement either on the posts or the ads. I'll get some likes and the odd share or comment, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere.

What are some ways I can really get the ball rolling on this site? I think the content is alright, we don't post fake news or misleading headlines, the site's design isn't anything special but it's better than Buzzfeed's garbage. Where do I get the traction to get to 1000+ daily users?

If there's a more relevant subforum to post this to, let me know and I'll move it.

RoadToTesla, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  2. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try a wider variety of SEO actions and see what works best, as well as getting more benefit from the variety of back-links.

For example join relevant FaceBook Groups and post there.

Join Pinterest and post infographics.

Join relevant forums and post, with a signature that links to your site.

Use YouTube to post informative videos, and do SEO for video (which is somewhat different from general SEO,and can work quicker).

Do article syndication (see Alexa Smith's info on that), and guest-posting.

Do a press release every month.

And of course, cross-promote all of these, so post the videos on FB, and links to them on Pinterest etc.

etc.

I hope this helps get you more traffic and more engagement.

Chris

Chris-, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  3. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chris mentioned some great points. Social media is just that, social. You want to build a relationship with your reader and followers. Also, what does your blog provide in terms of quality or value? When posting your copy either on your own blog or on other blogs or websites what problem are you solving for your readers?

For instance, I'm sure you've seen headlines like "...struggling with traffic? I can help you..." or "What is the number one method for losing weight? Find out here..." Now of course these are very elementary examples but I think you get the idea. With your copy, you want to garner curiosity, interest, and maybe even curiosity from being a little provocative. But the more interest you can generate, the more followers your blog will receive.

One question I ask myself when I'm posting to my blog is "...why would anyone want to read my content?" Also, answering that question for yourself will equally help you to target your ideal readers or followers.

Lastly, make sure you're posting to your blog consistently the same time everyday (or as much as possible.) This will help to build reliability in that your readers will come to know that every day at 1PM (or whatever day / time you choose), there's a new post on your blog.

Hopefully this helps..... :D

Dana C. Beck, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  4. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    How are your SEO efforts doing? Maybe you can tweak a bit on it to make your Internet presence much better. Also, be active in every great social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Digg, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, etc.

I hope this helps, buddy. Good luck!

Anitasol, Feb 15, 2017 IP
  5. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should do much off page SEO work

robinymym, Feb 23, 2017 IP