1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get this behavior from Apache?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by markosjal, Jul 12, 2021.

I was using PHP integrated development server and everything worked great. Then I installed XAMPP on the same Windows computer only to find that my URLs without trailing slash are not respected in XAMPP. I DO NOT WANT ANY REDIRECTS!

I then found a partial solution, however I do not know how to apply that solution to dynamic folder names.

So I am looking to reproduce the behavior I got with the PHP development server which allowed me to load for example:
    http://example.com/directory (NO TRAILING SLASH!)
    (this would load http://example.com/directory/index.php)

Then I found I can do the following , which is now in my .htaccess and working for those directories

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^eSCL/ScannerStatus/?$ eSCL/ScannerStatus/index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^eSCL/ScannerCapabilities/?$ eSCL/ScannerCapabilities/index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^eSCL/ScanJobs/?$ eSCL/ScanJobs/index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^eSCL/Scans/?$ eSCL/Scans/index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^eSCL/Scans/NextDocument/?$ eSCL/Scans/NextDocument/index.php [L]
    # RewriteRule ^eSCL/ScanJobs/.*/?$ eSCL/ScanJobs/.*/index.php [L]
    # RewriteRule ^eSCL/ScanJobs/.*/NextDocument/?$ eSCL/ScanJobs/.*/NextDocument/index.php [L]
    Code (markup):
    I then tried to use the last two lines (commented out now) to accommodate the dynamic folder names that are generated (.* above).

So my only remaining question is how can I make this rule apply to ALL folders and subfolders or to a folder with a dynamically generated name

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2021
    markosjal, Jul 12, 2021 IP