1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get my Website listed in Dmoz Direcotry

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by andayiseo, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless it is an obvious scam or one has really not bothered looking, so a sex site gets submitted to religion or travel gets submitted to games, then the site will be moved to the best category not deleted, but doing the following is a good idea​
    Mainly see that your site is unique content,and that it loads sensibly​
    Advertising and listing affiliate sites will not affect getting listed, unless you cannot see the content of the site for it but remember that no site is guaranteed to stay in and many times when I edit one site for what ever reason I look into the other sites in the category and remove any that do not belong anymore.​
    just ignores the DMOZ guidelines here which say​
    Your blog may well have been banned as spam and never have anther chance of being listed, resuggesting sites is a complete waste, as you have pointed out they are overstamped and an editor using suggestions and clearing out long standing suggestions will ignore it! They can also be banned as spam.

Why not just check out the guidelines I have pointed out above.
    Mostly unique content, not too much advertising or affiliate links so that the surfer can hardly find any other information, try to find the correct category and show an editor that you have tried by getting the title correct, as per guidelines, and doing a description that is objective and not full of hype. I needed to go into a category yesterday, had a quick look down suggestions and listed one that had seriously tried to follow guidelines with title and description,left many behind that simply had not bothered to follow guidelines and help volunteer editors.

But remember it can take from a few days to a few years for a review despite doing every thing right, but trying might help you.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Anonymously, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  2. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    The scams for suckers are those where they take your money and you don't get listed or they take your money and you get the DMOZ listing you could have got for free by simply doing it yourself, I can see you must waste a lot of money if you don't understand that.

Anonymously, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Submit yourself and no guarantee to be listed ever. Put $20 in one of the editors hand and you get listed in couple of days. Just check all the happy stupids that paid to DMOZ editors and got their sites listed on DMOZ on the freelance sites.

gworld, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And obviously you cant provide an Editors name or the site that they listed?.....but of course you know its true:) Yeh....we've heard this crap before from you, far too many times :( But never have we been given a name or a site.....just the same old false "proof" on some freelancer sites.

snooks, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is feed backs for the jobs which proves the job was done and money was exchanged. You can try as much as you want but you can not deny it. In a way people like you who have sold their integrity in order to survive in DMOZ are he best proof that editors are still making couple of bucks to survive on and they are ready to say or do anything in order to continue.;)

gworld, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So as normal....no name...no site and no proof. :( I knew this would be the case.

snooks, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. Dada1988

Dada1988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems it is very hard to be on the list of Dmoz, I have submit my blog many times and it has no ad contents.But I haven't got the replay of the website.I wonder how to go through the approval.

Dada1988, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  8. abraham26

abraham26 Member

Best Answers:
    I have submitted many times in DMOZ and i was accepted only when i wrote site details without high density of keywords, just write a natural description, without trying to put your keywords unnaturally.

abraham26, Jan 24, 2013 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  9. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    It can take from a few days to a few YEARS for a review, read around on here and you will find full explanations of why that is, but it is and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. Don't be sucked into some scam for a paid listing because of the rubbish you read on here.

and also don't re-suggest that can cause delay and even get you banned as a spammer under certain circumstance.

Anonymously, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  10. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Given that you are begging for likes.....you really should get a red rep for misinformation.

There is no need to suggest the site more than once. Sugessting every month like you are saying will certainly get you flagged as a spammer. I hope no one is foolsh enough to read and follow your very poor advice :(

snooks, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  11. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you did, because it's all about the editors experience.

If DMOZ spent a day just making a new theme for the look and feel of the site it would help raise your image. It would also confuse people into thinking your are relevant again.

joeventura, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  12. andayiseo

andayiseo Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input guys. Finally I was accepted

andayiseo, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  13. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This June will mark 10 years, yes, a complete DECADE since I submitted my site to the proper category, with the proper description, etc.

This lie, which I first heard eight years ago, is why I have up on DMOZ. Well, that and the fact that you still have sites that either don't exist, or haven't been updated since 1995. No wonder this directory is only lusted after by people new to the SEO world.

dwirch, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  14. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What is the URL? Maybe it was rejected?

Agent000, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  15. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll PM it to you if you really want it, but I am leery of posting here for fear of being labelled a link spammer.

(hint: look at the text on my avatar, and add .com)

[edit for content]

dwirch, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  16. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ever realized to be discussing over a thread which is over two years old?

*** sigh ****

Mystique, May 14, 2015 IP
  17. Aditya Thakur

Aditya Thakur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really Me to get fed up with the look of Dmoz :p so irritating.

Aditya Thakur, May 16, 2015 IP
  18. Expatsmortgages

Expatsmortgages Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Has anything changed getting submitted to Dmoz. I tried once with my website a year back but still nothing.

Expatsmortgages, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  19. corporatemanager

corporatemanager Member

Best Answers:
    You can submit your website there but there is no guarantee of acceptance.
    The point is this. Many reviews share the same dilemma, same sad stories of their websites not accepted.
    I would not suggest to anyone to have so much expectation to get listed there at DMoz.
    You can easily read the instructions and policies on submitting your website there, but even experienced webmasters or web experts have disappointment having to wait to time indefinite to get their websites listed. You are not alone.
    I am guessing many DMoz editors are not doing their job, because even good websites are not listed despite the countless effort of submission as per the guidelines.
    Further to that, I personally do not like the bunch of links in DMoz page listing to point directly to respective domain/websites, because that's the nature of link farms.
    I would recommend to the owners to revamp DMoz and to create independent webpage (SEO friendly of course) for each website submitted and inside each respective webpage shows the individual website url, like in the major, established classifieds. Then only it has great value ie. deep link. Having said this, deep link directories and classifieds are the preferred choice as per the SEO value.

corporatemanager, Oct 28, 2015 IP