1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get my money?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by dugu, Nov 14, 2006.

1. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is free to deal with anyone it chooses and may not deem with countries or people from countries which are deemed to be high risk.

If you want to blame, blame it on your countrymen who is engaged in fraud. Unless that is cleared, it will take a while before Paypal accepts Romania for full access.

Paypal basically needs to protect its own client base. It is just sad that you got caught in between.

Incidentally when you got your cousin to sign up for the paypal account, you would have known that this would happen. I mean it is like you need to go bend around the rules to get your account signed up. You should have known this would happen.

eddy2099, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  2. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, if they are sending to Romania :(

dugu, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  3. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal don't deal with Romania because of the high proportion of fraud that goes on. You should write to your political representatives and your press and complain that not enough is being done to prevent fraud, and this is harming your business as well as the economy in general. Don't imagine that the situation will improve unless you speak out.

Meanwhile, you have to close that Paypal account. You're not supposed to have it, and you won't get far by bending the rules. You might consider spending the money you have left in there, but don't bank on being able to and certainly don't put any more money in that account. You might have to chalk this one up to experience.

Obelia, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  4. Creative_illusion

Creative_illusion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should try openning new account on other online money transfer company I know theres a lot more trusted company out there. Make sure it works on both ways. Transfer your money from your existing US bank account to your new online money transfer account that works in your country. Maybe that works or if not western union is the best but worst when it comes of transaction fee.

Creative_illusion, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  5. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful about accessing your account from any country that paypal does not support like romania. Paypal has a nasty habit of turning accounts into limited ones if they detect access from unsupported countries or proxy servers. If that happens then you will have to verify your account via a US credit card, bank account and possibly even utility bills before you can withdraw or send any money. So basically your stuck. You'll just have to wait 5 years for paypal to support your country.

abdussamad, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  6. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are prejudiced. Who made paypal the authority that decides who is and who isn't honest?

abdussamad, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not prejudiced, I am a victim too when dealing with companies like GoDaddy and I recall years ago that because I am from Singapore, some US companies would refuse to deal with me. I can claim and proof how honest enough but they would not want to work with me because I am from where I am from.

I just have to accept the fact that they have the rights as much as shops have the rights not to want to accept my payments.

Business is business and they need to make the necessary judgement calls as to who they want and be willing to deal with. The thing about online transactions, you just cannot tell who you are working with and you just need to find a way which balances things out.

There are several countries which are deemed to be high risks countries when it comes to fraud and money laundering and should a company like Paypal be trusting and allows all transactions to go through because it would be the case that they will suffer a lot more financial losses if they do. I know in the line of fire, there would be some honest people who would be hurt. Paypal's margin isn't high so they stand to lose a lot if they welcome frauds.

eddy2099, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  8. kiran_deep11

kiran_deep11 Peon

Best Answers:
    send you a PM with how you can transfer the funds to romania.
    Hope that will be useful to you.

kiran_deep11, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  9. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks kiran. But after all this talking, I decided to just spend my money on a contest. I'll win a nice site and a few templates, and that is that.

dugu, Nov 19, 2006 IP