1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get more traffic to my website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, May 7, 2015.

1. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With these submissions along low quality sites is obviously link scheming.

How can you use social media as a source for getting more traffic. Kindly be specific.

KylieSweet, May 13, 2015 IP
  2. Mohit Arora

Mohit Arora Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic is an ongoing activity not an instant process(unless you have large followers or huge userbase to share). Below are the tips that will definitely help you to increase traffic your blog in a long run.

1) Search Engine optimization(single post optimization, keyword optimization) to drive traffic from various Search Engines like Google, Yahoo,Bing, Ask.
    2) Publish your blog posts to your Social Networking websites.
    3) Guest Blogging to get exposure to maximum visitors and Backlinks.
    4) Commenting on other blogs similar to your topics and niche.
    5) Creating a network of your posts into your post (i.e interlinking similar posts with another post)
    6) If you are using WordPress, Use plugins like Wp robots txt, Better Wordpress Google XML sitemap, SEO Auto Links & Related Posts etc.

Thanks !

Mohit Arora, May 16, 2015 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  3. Tracy Mullins

Tracy Mullins Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a few sites and had the same problem. There is no fast solution but I went to Fiverr a few months back (and continue to do so) and bought some gigs to build some backlinks, blog comments and Press Releases written and posted. I also put up some basic YouTube videos and that really helped! It takes time but I am seeing my traffic build into the 100's a day.

Tracy Mullins, May 16, 2015 IP
  4. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, those statistics that you see could be generated via a variety of methods, none of which may be quality traffic. Be careful trusting those statistics...

Real quality traffic is usually generated in two ways; first via search engines, which can be challenging to get and the second overall method is directing traffic through a backlink, which could be from social media/bookmarking, an article post, advertising, and probably a few others.

The "easiest" traffic tends to come from sharing your link with people that you regularly engage with, your followers usually, who then follow your link to your website content. The more of an "authority" you are, or claim to be, the easier it is and the more traffic you will see.

usasportstraining, May 18, 2015 IP
  5. musebay

musebay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for paid traffic, I would recommend buying traffic from RTB platforms. These platforms connect with multiple ad exchange and ad networks that can drive A LOT of traffic at affordable rates. Check our my signature to learn more.

musebay, May 18, 2015 IP
  6. Ian Golightly

Ian Golightly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your site is based only on funny pictures then getting steady traffic will be a very big challenge. The funny picture site trend bubble has already been done and only a few websites have made it very far. I am not trying to discourage you but that is the reality. However if you truly have a passion to stick with your project then I advise you to do these few steps.

1. Utilize social media first. Facebook should be the first platform that you should use. Utilize the Facebook page method and have your friends and family 'like' the Facebook page. Then start posting pictures and links back to your website, but make sure your fans and family like each posting. This causes Facebook to start sharing your post on Facebook walls. Hopefully, you will get so many likes that it continues to be a catalyst viral share among the Facebook community. In a perfect picture world this will increase the likes on your Facebook page. Once you obtain a fan database you just repeat the cycle. Then you can start utilizing other social network platforms, but you want to be aware that your engaging your content with real people versus inactive accounts and bots. My saying is, " I'd rather promote to 50 real people versus 500 fake people".

2. If you really want to be listed in the search engines you will need to utilize SEO techniques. The most important technique is writing some sort of content. Google is looking for unique rich content and not just images. So to even have a chance to be listed on Google you will need to produce something unique. If I were in your shoes I would at least write some type of content every three days. If you are using the WordPress platform I would download the plug-in SEO Yost and use hot keywords to optimize your chances to being listed.

3. If you want steady traffic from time to time, you're going to have to offer more than just funny pictures for your visitors. I would find different ways to monetize my site but also offer something for my visitors. If I were run something like this I would do a once a month funny T-shirt club or something of that sort. This will allow your visitors to come every month to look at new content or to see what new T-shirt is coming out. You're literally going to work hard to get steady traffic, so why not try to find a way to monetize it and earn some money?

hope this helps,
    Ian Golightly
    Branding mogul, SEO, Branding Launcher @ Iangolightly.com

Ian Golightly, May 29, 2015 IP
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Trading links works well too, anyone interested?

Joe@AdPatron, May 30, 2015 IP
  8. MT Lee

MT Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how i can't comment in this post

MT Lee, May 30, 2015 IP
  9. MT Lee

MT Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    send to me your fan page on Facebook. i have get more fan with low cost.

MT Lee, May 30, 2015 IP
  10. lukeSwenson

lukeSwenson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find some terms that will be searched by your targeted audience, then do some google adword campaigns. Facebook Campaigns will be useful only if you are planning to do a business on long term basis. Also if you are planning long term business, consider about writing some good content for your website. Getting traffic from marketplaces like SEOclerks is also a good idea. Hope it will help you

lukeSwenson, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  11. Lumiere

Lumiere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to suggest this blog http://nsternews.tumblr.com/, they write specifically about ways to get more traffic to one's website/blog/group, I think you can find cool fresh ideas there

Lumiere, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  12. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Im new to digital point but been marketing for a short while, i want to share how im getting traffic to my blog website.
    i weekly blog on my niche
    i then use marketing forum to help people and tell them how im succeeding and how you can use this method for your business
    social media so Facebook- every week i write a blog i also post it on social media
    They are just the basic method but to bring real traffic there are many great ways, im going to list a few and explain the one that works great for me.

There are 2 ways of traffic,
    1.PAID
    2.FREE
    Let me tell you the different first, paid traffic is you pay for getting certain amount of traffic to you page or where ever your sending the traffic.
    Free traffic is not exactly free as its sounds like. Im a big believer of time is money, i call this time investment. you spend and put your time and effort in to see results over the period of time.

FREE TRAFFIC,
    1. FORUM MARKETING
    2. BLOG COMMENTING
    3. POD-CASTING POWER
    4. GUEST POSTING
    6. FACEBOOK MARKETING

PAID TRAFFIC
    1. SOLO ADS
    2. BANNER ADS
    3. SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING

The best way to know whats good for you is to try it and see which one suits you the best. Don't try and do all of them as its going to be very difficult. what i do is choose one paid method and 2 free method.
    The paid is straight forward fast targeted traffic, but free traffic is like i said time investment... DON'T EXPECT TO GET TRAFFIC OVERNIGHT AND THATS REALITY.

FORUM MARKETING- HELP PEOPLE OUT IN THE FORUM IN YOUR NICHE
    BLOG COMMENTING- JOIN CONVERSATION IN OTHER PEOPLE BLOG AND GIVE VALUE (DON'T SPAM)
    FACEBOOK MARKETING- OK NO ONE REALLY TELLS YOU ABOUT FACEBOOK AND HOW TO GET TARGETED PEOPLE IN YOUR NICHE TO JOIN YOUR FAN PAGE AND THEN YOU HAVE A FOLLOW UP SEQUENCE IN THERE. THE WAY ITS DONE IS GO IN TO YOUR NICHE GROUPS WHERE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE AND JOIN THE CONVO. LIKE PEOPLE COMMENTS AND GIVE YOUR COMMENT IN THE POST LIKE YOU WOULD DO IN OTHER GROUPS OF FRIENDS. OVER TIME PEOPLE WILL START TO KNOW YOU BETTER AND LIKE AND TRUST YOU .

WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO.... JUST DON'T SPAM OR POST LINKS ON OTHER PEOPLE POST

Munir Ahmed, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  13. janelevey665

janelevey665 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First off you may want to target alot of different keywords... This will help.. There is also a well of traffic you are missing out on and that's Pinterest. Create a Pinterest account and create different boards for the style of pics. You will start seeing traffic in a week or so.

janelevey665, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  14. Tahir Marfani

Tahir Marfani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, First of all you need to analyze your website properly, after then you need to competitor analysis, Do proper on page & off page optimization, Build quality link building, starts SMM for your business & you got the traffic definitely.

Tahir Marfani, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  15. Brian Plenti

Brian Plenti Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Option 1: Write a content and contact influencer to help you to promote your content
    Contact an Influencer in your niches who has the same audience with you, pitching him or her to blast your content to his/her list
    here is how you do it http://seopressor.com/blog/how-to-increase-blog-traffic/

Option 2: Do guest blogging and insert a link to your site
    But make sure do analysis on where you gonna guest blog, you do not want to associate with SEO blackhats website because you might get penalize by Google
    And publish real content, pls don't spin content [It helps you sleep better at night]
    Here how you do it step by step: http://seopressor.com/blog/how-to-guest-post/

Option 3: Use Affiliate Marketing to generate Traffic
    It is best if you have a product eg:e-book or anything [make sure you have good product], sell them by using affiliate marketer.They will motive to promote your product in the meantime collect their email. With the email, you have the ability to send traffic to your site anytime :)
    http://seopressor.com/blog/affiliate-marketing-for-traffic-generation/

Brian Plenti, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  16. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Il share my main strategy basic that might give you a better view......

[​IMG]

Many ways of traffic, to your blog or even squeeze page.... best way is to build a list (THE MONEY IS IN THE LIST) by giving away something valuable for free.
    many ways of free traffic listed to bring to your website.... when ever you are using any traffic method make sure when posting in forums or blog posting that your website is included in the signature...
    social media like Facebook you can put your website link and also Video marketing is awesome to bring traffic to your website.
    Hope that makes better sense of where and how to get traffic to your website targeting your niche forums and just communicating.
    Remember traffic don't come over night you have to keep communicating in the same site and get to know people as well as they get to know you. Just be your self and give great value

Munir Ahmed, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  17. Neil Kokemuller

Neil Kokemuller Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link. Moz is a great resource for off-page SEO!

Neil Kokemuller, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  18. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi guys, thank you all for your reply. I see that most of you recommended Pinterest and Facebook, so I am going with both. My ranking in Google has gone up and now I am seeing anywhere from 0 to 10 visitors a day. I know that there are websites in the same niche that are successful and the funny picture website bubble has ended but I have something new to offer, and that is selling ads along with your pictures. So that way my users get to make money for only uploading pictures.

I currently have more than 1000 fans on Facebook, and I am looking to grow it.
    I will keep you updated with what have worked for me on this post.

See ya
    Farris

FarrisFahad, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  19. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good luck my friend< wish you all the best

Munir Ahmed, Sep 20, 2015 IP
  20. Blogzandstuff

Blogzandstuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    don't believe everything you see on flippa, traffic can be faked quite easily with bots and for free. many sellers will enhnce their sites prior to listing on flippa or any selling site, along with facebook pages and twitter accounts faking is very common and easy.

Blogzandstuff, Sep 21, 2015 IP