1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get more traffic to my website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, May 7, 2015.

Hi I am an owner of a funny pictures website. I established the website on Jan 2015 but I currently don't have a lot of traffic ... I am four months in and still no traffic. I have to advertise to get traffic.

I browse Flippa to see other website statistics in the same niche and they got a lot of traffic in a few months. How do they do that? I have a Facebook page with more than 280 likes and I publish funny pictures to that page to get my visitors engaged.

And also I do SEO. I am currently positioned number 10 for "funny pictures without captions"

My question is how can I get more traffic? And how do the flippa users get a lot of traffic in less than three months

Thanks in advance
    Farris

FarrisFahad, May 7, 2015 IP
  2. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you started backlinking for your site? If don't you should start now. There are lot's of method available for off page backlinking. Do it surly increase your website visitors.

Atikur, May 7, 2015 IP
  3. Quikrinfo

Quikrinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Below offpage strategies will help you to increase website traffic
    moz.com/ugc/21offpage-seo-strategies-to-build-your-online-reputation

Quikrinfo, May 8, 2015 IP
  4. tk-hassan

tk-hassan Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking sites are one of the most effective sites in terms of increasing traffic to any web page, start submitting your website in top social bookmarking sites and see the results yourself.

tk-hassan, May 8, 2015 IP
  5. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you monetize the site? Try increase likes for your FB page, 280 likes is too low, you need at least 5k likes to get some decent traffic.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP
  6. Fahrenheit Celsius

Fahrenheit Celsius Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways to get more attention, to your site or products is ; having reviews and testimonials check this it might help http://amazonreviewsmall.com/

Fahrenheit Celsius, May 10, 2015 IP
  7. Alex.p

Alex.p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Build a strong network using different social media like- FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn, My Space etc. Then share your website content and picture on those social media sites and ask your friends to take a look on your website. And most important thing is you should keep update your website and keep posting interesting things. If you frequently update your content and picture and if people find its interesting then you will be able to get returning visitors with new visitors.

Alex.p, May 10, 2015 IP
  8. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    Do a youtube video marketing as well. Funny videos will be much appreciated in your site

TB Ann, May 10, 2015 IP
  9. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    If you're working with pictures, then Pinterest will probably be your best friend. Twitter and Facebook would be close seconds.

DungeonMaster, May 10, 2015 IP
  10. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best place for you to romote your picture site would be Pinterest and instagram. You need to focus on these two platforms as well as promote your facebook and get more fans. Try to post related content to your website and engage your fans as much as you can.
    Good Luck

DatingExpert, May 11, 2015 IP
  11. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking websites are the best sources to get more traffic for your website. In the prominent social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn, you can join the relevant groups and market your website pages and content there. Post on a regular basis and you will surely get good results from social networking.

MilesWeb, May 11, 2015 IP
  12. fxbonusinfo

fxbonusinfo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social networking websites, blog & forum are the best resources to get more traffic for online marketing for u r website.

fxbonusinfo, May 12, 2015 IP
  13. whiteboard_animation

whiteboard_animation Member

Best Answers:
    I agree completely that Youtube is a fantastic site for getting traffic and also dont forget the other hundred or so video hosting sites as well.
    Youtube is the 2nd biggest search engine next to Google !

whiteboard_animation, May 12, 2015 IP
  14. fly14

fly14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a video in youtube that has 30 views per day.I inserted my site's link into the video by annotations but i don't have any traffic from this video.

fly14, May 12, 2015 IP
  15. whiteboard_animation

whiteboard_animation Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ensure that the video description was seo friendly with relevant keywords etc?

whiteboard_animation, May 12, 2015 IP
  16. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of backlinking method will you do to surely increase your website visitors? Kindly explain in details.

KylieSweet, May 12, 2015 IP
  17. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make a Google Plus page and share your new content to groups - instant traffic, I promise. There are dozens of sites you can use to your advantage when it comes to stuff like this, I really recommend building a broad social presence to reach your entire audience.

cronik, May 12, 2015 IP
  18. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can follow off page strategy like: bookmarking, directory, blog comments, forum posting, pdf submission, article submission and so on. Also you can add social media campaign. And now a days social media keeps major role for getting more traffic.

Atikur, May 13, 2015 IP
  19. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all how get the traffic so that I have many ways get the traffic on your websites.Increasing traffic on your website with viral image sharing.Simply adding a catchy, provocative, funny, interesting, ridiculous, image to your post and giving readers an easy way to share it.In this post, I’m going to show you how to increase traffic to your website with viral image sharing.

And you can use the many social media sites like Instagram and Pinterest. It is very usefull sites.And getting the traffic on your sites.If you’re using WordPress, there are several plugins available that add attractive sharing buttons to your posts and/or pages.

Second things, link building would be a great way to get more traffic,Then you can try advertising your website somewhere.

Rocko Berry, May 13, 2015 IP
  20. rakeshd

rakeshd Member

Best Answers:
    I think as your niche belongs to pictures and images, most of them search in google images rather than web, so it is difficult to get traffic from web,
    Choose plugins which can redirect you image search to the post , may be it can drive some traffic.

rakeshd, May 13, 2015 IP