1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get Google to re-cache?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AJO, Oct 19, 2008.

Hi I submitted my site to Google and it indexed and cached it. Then my site had a major rehaul of its coding and layout appearance, to the point where I need google to completely re-index/cache everything.

Right now I have resubmitted the Sitemap.xml and it has re-cache'd most pages, however it is still pulling the old Title tags. Is there an easy way to make Google re-cache the correct title tags?

I am afraid to remove the site from Google then resubmit it because I don't want to start from the bottom again.

AJO, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  2. seokochin

seokochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't resubmit.Google will recache you in next crawling.To make the crawling much more faster, try to build more backlinks.

seokochin, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  3. AnonymousUser

AnonymousUser Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah dont remove it from google, Just wait, I wanted the same thing a while ago(google to recache) and really its just a waiting game, it will update before 2 weeks I think.
    Try to forget about it and it will happen, Because this paticular thing pi**ed me off when I was thinking about it all the time

AnonymousUser, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  4. AJO

AJO Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just odd because they recached the webpages, but it kept the old Titles =\

AJO, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  5. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It might take up to a week
    but when google passes by your site again
    it will see the changes and it will update the CACHE

Chios, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  6. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you submit your site to social bookmarking sites like stumble and digg. :D

JessieJames27, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  7. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    No need to submit your site again. When turn of your site come Google will index you site and its' pages.

And if you want it instantly than as JessieJames27 said, submit your site into social bookmarking sites such as stumble upon, digg, sphinn, propeller, etc...

cnvseo, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  8. gmbidols

gmbidols Guest

Best Answers:
    yes no need to submit your site in google. u do bookmarking with these your site should be crawl fast

gmbidols, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  9. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site is a CMS based (dynamic) site, you made your cosmetic changes to a "template" file that is included in the site's web page(s). Although the "last-modified-date" of the template changed the shell or web pages' LMD did not.

Make sure that the default web page LMD on the server is changed, (i.e. FTP Edit and add a blank line). This should get Google to reindex the home page. This should also update the title & description in the SERPs. If this works, change your XML Sitemap generator software. It is not updating the last mod date.

And I am assuming that you have a Webmaster Tools account setup for the site.

And never remove your site from any SE. You will just screw yourself.

catanich, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  10. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no way to Google re-cache . wait 1 month will re index ur site

rena, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  11. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're building do follow backlinks your pages will be indexed and cached faster.

jvfconsulting, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  12. AJO

AJO Peon

Best Answers:
    I am thinking this might be my problem.

Because I use a CMS, when I update the main template that pulls all the information, shouldn't that mark every page as modified?

I ask because I have recently added a few pages, which Google has correctly cache'd with the meta tag and description tag, but the other pages (older ones) have not been re-cached. Google has crawled these pages recently, but hasn't updated it's cache of them. I am wondering if the templates change should mark all pages as modified, why Google wouldn't re-cache these.

AJO, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  13. byrule62

byrule62 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using proxies like megaproxy.com etc. since your site may be updated in some data cneters and not the one you are looking at.

When it comes to reindexing patience is THE virtue

byrule62, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  14. AJO

AJO Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay :) Thanks, I'll give it time.

AJO, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  15. jon b

jon b Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody have list of websites which help to improve Google cache!

jon b, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  16. Natheen2000

Natheen2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Solution: Get more backlinks, specially digg your page on digg.com, mixx your page on mixx.com and do get more backlinks via forums signatures, blog comments or other social bookmarks, that will help you to get index by google again.

Natheen2000, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  17. Artash Arakelyan

Artash Arakelyan Member

Best Answers:
    I have recently changed meta description and meta keywords and more than 21 days Google don't re-cach my site.

Artash Arakelyan, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  18. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google re-caches websites periodically whether your site has been updated or not. Meanwhile you can do some offpage optimization and create backlinks for your websites through article submission. Or you can create a RSS Feed for your website and Submit it. It would be more beneficial for indexing your website.

Alan Smith, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  19. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try this. Login to your webmaster tools account > Optimization > Remove URLS > then enter the URL you need to re-cache > Remove page from Search results and cache > and remove old URL from Google. After Google Finish processing your request Optimization > remove URLs > Removed > then pick the URL and click re-include button. This process will take about 1 day. but dont do this frequently.

nvidura, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  20. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    The Googlebot will be back within a few days...maybe less. Rather than try to force Google to come back sooner, you would be better of spending your time getting as much content in place as possible, so that it all gets crawled on the next visit.

andersonsjohn, Jan 15, 2013 IP