1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get a better page rank?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Toniee, Sep 1, 2007.

1. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    My sites are working fine. The free directories I use are working fine. Nobody seems to be worrying about our crappy" directories. Maybe we have just been overlooked temporarily or is Google really going after "Paid Links" like they said they would?

workshop, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  2. nicegoogleguy

nicegoogleguy Peon

Best Answers:
    They will go after automated directories. Actually, they are as we speak. Directories are just a bunch of useless links. Some paid directories will survive, because they are human edited and don't make any secrete of the fact that they sell links. Google will simply devalue the links coming from them, but they will have no or little influence on PR juice transfer.

nicegoogleguy, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  3. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess Google does run the internet. Telling us where to put links, where to put ads, etc.

rmartish, Sep 2, 2007 IP
    mvandemar likes this.
  4. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you need to find backlinks from high pr and related web sites to get better page rank

trichnosis, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Google runs the internet. Al Gore invented it and works for Google as an advisor. Yahoo gets its fingers greased once in a while with a few million shares of Google stock.

Just keep reading the forums so that you will be able to go with the trends.

bogart, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  6. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build and work on getting back links from relevant theme related authority websites with high page rank and your page rank will increase as well.

IEmailer.com, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  7. Toniee

Toniee Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone is telling me about backlinking but what about Authority?

I think authority raises if you get backlinks from higher authority sites.

So basically its the same, no?

tonycai.com

Toniee, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will also need to build trust

bogart, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  9. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    No. Forget about buzz words and PR in particular. Rather start with the free directory lists and start working on your key words. Once you have got yourself into a regular routine start looking at deep linking. Avoid high PR or anyone claiming authority status they dont have. There is no real value there. Its all hot air and that used to be real expensive. These days I am sure you can negotiate around a point but why bother? Hot air is hot air.

What you should do is to concentrate on a category on your directory that you know well and fill it with interesting stuff. The spider only visits most of us once a month at most so you have plenty of time. No need to rush. Just make sure that there is something interesting and that you keep it coming back.

Finally the most important bit is to get seen and this involves a lot of footwork. However be careful of the company you keep. If you want to sell yourself long term dont hang out with hustlers and the pavement specials trying to flog PR and other unsavoury items that are way past their sell by dates

workshop, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The free directories are a good way to start.

The best authority links are free but they take time to build.

bogart, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  11. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Not so. Its just that you and I have let a few sharp operators get away wth a scam which has caused a lot of people to burm their their fingers. Easy to blame Google isnt it?

workshop, Sep 2, 2007 IP
    mvandemar likes this.
  12. cleanwater

cleanwater Banned

Best Answers:
    Backlinks,high quality backlinks,thousands of backlinks,thousands of high quality backlinks will bring your sites high page rank if the google are going to update sites' pr.

cleanwater, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  13. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Why bother when you can simply buy your PR from one high quality site? I know of sites with hundreds of thousands of back links, organic links even , that hover around PR4 and PR5. I have a PR 4 site that has 500 plus backlinks. I think we are just a little too quick to mix fact with fantasy, to befuddle and to confuse ourselves.

workshop, Sep 3, 2007 IP