1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I generate more traffic?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Frostx, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    How exactly do you do the RSS feed? I have ablogger account and I have the widget that gives you the rss feed, mine comes from a pretty high ranking site. But how do I get my feed out there?

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    There are thousands of tools out there. The key is filtering through the junk and finding what really works. I for example use Link Exchange for a large portion of my link building. It's automated, fast, and easy to use. I have a LARGE number of sites, so this takes the work out of all of that. There are also discounts on the software for Digital Point members.

If you are interested in hearing about other ways to increase natural search engine traffic, shoot me a pm.

1EightT, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  3. colinph970

colinph970 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Google Adwords Content network - pay 0.06 per click simply to drive the traffic - it seems to work and visitors return and either click on Adsense ads or actually purchase an item. Overall I am making good money.

colinph970, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I used to use adwords. Now I generate all of my traffic for free using third party software.

1EightT, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  5. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much do you have to pay with adwords?

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends on the keywords and your quality score. I was spending around 15,000 a month and making around 40,000 a month on average. I still make the 40, but no longer spend the 15.

1EightT, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  7. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    and if you use adwords are you guaranteed that people will click on your ads and that you will make money?

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  8. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    Given your newbieness to SEO itself, I wouldn't touch PPC if I were you. Your not making money as it is, so your at 0, it's best not to go negative at this point with PPC.

PPC requires a lot of research, splitting etc. and if your site isn't the only in existence for your specific industry/market then forget about trying PPC at this point.

Try and get good SERPs first. It's not even that hard, just get links, pay people if you have to (hint: dont buy directory submissions, only one way backlinks from related High PR sites if you buy at all, otherwise Web 2.0 linksplus a mixture of good related High PR links will start pushing you up the SERPs).

Unlike PPC, money spent wisely is guaranteed to return value if you don't do something stupid or blatantly blackhat.

ptpatil, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  9. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what I should do is find a highly ranked pr site in my niche, and get them to put my site on theirs?

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  10. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, it's MUCH harder than it sounds. You have to prove your site's worth by either greasing the wheels with a bit of money or putting up QUALITY and I mean QUALITY content on your site.

Another way is to hire a cheap article writer or rewriter (cheap being around $.005 a word). Have him rewrite PLR articles, as a general rule (even though they are my people) avoid Indian's (good for rewrites sometimes though) and other foreigners that don't seem to have great sentence structure and overall sound in their posts.

Then you submit these articles to Ezine articles like I said before. Basically the backbone of blog farms, article marketing will also push you up the SERPs but don't expect any love from authority sites with links if you don't pay.

ptpatil, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  11. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, so what if I was to google the best keyword for my field, which happens to be sports. I found some forums with prs of about 4 and 3. I put my website in my sig and loaded up on comments that added to the conversation. Is that good too? I'm looking for ways to get my site out there without spending money. I know in this case I will probably have to spend to earn but I'd like to get as far as possible until I have to pay, or until I finish my current jobs and earn some money.

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  12. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    that would be fine, personally I'd use xrumer but thats a bit blackhat :D

ptpatil, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  13. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'd like to stay mostly in the white area lol. Um, wow you've been a ton of help,. I have another question though. You mentioned something about an rss feed...... um, if I'm wrong correct me, but that's when my content shows up on other peoples sites(small bits of it), and the people can click through to read the rest on my blog????

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  14. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, thats correct, if you have wordpress just google a plugin that lets you syndicate RSS feeds of your blog automatically whenever it's updated.
    Then you can submit this feeds to tons of social bookmarking sites that will give you links everytime you update your blog with new articles etc. Plus the anchor text will usually be relevant because of the RSS syndication taking the titles of your posts themselves (so make sure you name your titles right and put in the right keywords etc.)

A good tool if you have wordpress is All-in-One SEO which you can find here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

Install it and you can specify titles, keywords, descriptions etc.

ptpatil, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  15. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I don't believe I'm using wordpress so what else can I do?

Frostx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  16. Vinni_2218

Vinni_2218 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use google adwords or do an Email marketing campaign.

Vinni_2218, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  17. utkarshpaliwal

utkarshpaliwal Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, i can generate uniqut traffic for you. please feel free to pm me for further details!!!

utkarshpaliwal, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  18. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    What blog software do you have then? (or is it not a blog?) if it isn't a blog, I'd install one as a page on your website to get alteast some link juice to your domain.

ptpatil, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  19. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    No it's a blog, I'm using blogger though... I don't believe they use wordpress themes, and if they do I don't think I'm using one.....

Frostx, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  20. zanago

zanago Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,you can post more links to some popular sites and people could visit your site,or you can exchange links with other people,good luck!

zanago, Jul 3, 2009 IP