1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I find the keywords to target in my SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wondingcd, Aug 16, 2011.

I am starting an e-commerce store selling sporting goods, tshirts, hats, MLB, NFL, NBA licensed merchandise, etc. There is a lot of competition out there when it comes to online stores selling sporting goods, so what keywords should I target?

As a customer when I think about what I would search for I think of the specific items. I don't think I would go and search for : "sports merchandise", I would search a specific item like "new York yankees jersey". So do I even try to build the links for the home page targeting niche keywords or just try to build the SEO for all the specific items I sell?

wondingcd, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  2. jamespa

jamespa Peon

Best Answers:
    try to create individual page for all the products along with detail description

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    jamespa, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  3. Chris-M

Chris-M Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest targetting the keywords that are relevant to the products you are selling. In other words, focus on "new York yankees jersey" rather than "sports merchandise", as you say. Focus on your most popular products rather than generic phrases like "sports merchandise" - this will get you much more targeted (relevant) traffic which will convert into a greater percentage of sales for you.

Chris-M, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  4. shamittomar

shamittomar Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Google Keyword Analysis Tool and Google Search Insight. The complete completion scenario will be in front of your eyes just try it once, very use full and specific.

shamittomar, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  5. johnsander

johnsander Member

Best Answers:
    its depend on your business nature and then you can search and analysis these keywords on google adword keyword tool.

johnsander, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  6. Canadaontop

Canadaontop Peon

Best Answers:
    Your description of your products should be 3 click away from your home page and try to find keywords related to your product and city in which you are selling and use free keyword generator tools like Google ad word keyword tool..

Canadaontop, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  7. ethandavis

ethandavis Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to target the keywords relevant to the products you are selling rather than going for the generalized keywords like sports merchandise. I will help in getting more targeted traffic and high conversion ratio.

ethandavis, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  8. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think in case of e-commerce sites you have to be active for a good number of keywords. so try to make several pages for each keywords. and each product. it will help but you have to work a lot.
    thanks

digitalwebman06, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  9. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    GrantDraper, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  10. deltagci

deltagci Peon

Best Answers:
    You can choose keywords according to your services and your location. Better when your going to long tail both rank and business.

deltagci, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  11. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    First it would be wise to create a separate page for every product, in this way you can make more keywords. Then for the products you are going to use on your site, make a search and see how many hits you get for it. Or you could use Google keyword tool external. It is a great tool and provides a different variety of functions.

unknownpray, Aug 19, 2011 IP