1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I find out why I have lost traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MayurKawale, Dec 30, 2020.

Hello friends

Due to regular changes in search algorithm especially in Google, lot of webmasters have lost there website traffic. I have also lost my website traffic by 28%. I have some methods to find out why my site traffic is affected.
    1. Identify the source where sudden drop is happen.
    2. Checking any Google algorithm changes.
    3. Checking the SERP changes
    4. Checking Google search console & Google Analytics for reason.
    Requesting you, if you have more information on it, please feel free to share here.

MayurKawale, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The last update (in December) was to give sites with quality content higher rankings (aren't they all about that lately?). Sites with thin content have been greatly affected. I read that even webmasters that historically had higher rankings saw their traffic plunge. Solution: sit tight and keep adding quality content. Not made up mumbo-jumbo but something that is useful.

qwikad.com, Dec 30, 2020 IP
    MayurKawale likes this.
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is no one can guarantee you that why your traffic has dropped. If you are not seeing any manual action in the GSC.

The best thing that you can do is can follow the discussions happening in the forums and community boards. And keep an eye about what others are facing, doing etc.

The reason I am suggesting this is because this not only gives you a proper insight about the several changes in the SERP's. But also gives you a sketchy outline about what others are doing who are effected.

I hope it helps you.:)

mrb1129, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    MayurKawale likes this.
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Loss of traffic is not only by the regular changes of search engine algorithm and it causes by some factors such as decreased in organic rankings and very low in online reputation within the related field.

KylieSweet, Jan 4, 2021 IP
    MayurKawale likes this.
  5. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would check Analytics and see what source of traffic went down. If it's a social network, then you need to analyze the profile and see what you can do to for more engagement with your followers. If its low traffic from search engines, then pay attention to webmaster tools and see which pages/posts are dropping in the SERPs.

Things will always change, but as long as you're using Google Webmaster Tools and Analytics you'll be able to discover why you're losing traffic.

cronik, Jan 5, 2021 IP
    MayurKawale likes this.
  6. Kaloyan SEO

Kaloyan SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Majority of the websites are getting lower traffic in December and beginning of January. It really depends on the business niche, but most websites, especially the informational and blogs are getting 20-30% less traffic during this season. 30% drop in traffic most likely isn't caused by algorithm update. A website can carry some penalty.

Kaloyan SEO, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  7. tofarch

tofarch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You have to analysis from where you facing the traffic loss from your website or web portal.
    First of check whether you are following the latest google algorithm guideline in your website or not. If, something is not followed then modify the website content and other backlink processes. Then start refresh way of link building so that your traffic will reboost to original.

Thanks,
    Tofarch

tofarch, Jan 7, 2021 IP
  8. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True..but the change of Google algo is one reason for dropping the organic ranking.. Can you list out some other reasons for dropping the ranking?

MayurKawale, Jan 7, 2021 IP