1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I edit a flash file?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by fryman, Apr 17, 2005.

I have one of those template monster templates and want to edit the flash files (change all the writing in them and put some hyperlinks on the buttons)

Is there an easy way to do this, wthout having to learn how to use some huge, complicated program?

fryman, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Not if you want a good flash site probably not.. start now, in 4 years you will be highly proficient.

Also, where possible you want all images, text, sounds, flash files etc to "load in" to the site, that way in the same way as a html site you can update images, text etc without ever opening the flash.

If you dont use dynamic loading you end up with a brilliant, but heavy site http://www.whoswestudios.com/flashsite.html

http://www.fullflowmusic.com/flashindex.html - i built this a couple of years ago (its not in the same league as the site above) but it loads very fast, because everything loads as needed.

Also means you can use php and make a "html" version if you like, relying on the same content pulled in by ssi

Design Agent, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I don't want a flash site, I just want to edit a cool header I found and change all that "your logo" "your site here" "loren ipsum crapum" stuff

fryman, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my point, the logo will not change, but the loren ipsum bit you are going to want to change..

normal procedure is open flash file, edit and publish.. i have never used one of their templates so I dont know how it is set up.. send me it me and ill have a look at it and tell you the easiest way, but it will have to be tomorrow.

Design Agent, Apr 17, 2005 IP