How do I do competition research for non.com sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mikehende, Oct 3, 2023.

Hey guys, a local tailor here in NY expressed interest in getting some basic SEO done on his Wix site. Upon searching google for the 3 keywords he gave me, the top 3 local pack listings ll have different domains, the first links to a Facebook page, the 2nd and 3rd links to .business.site.

When I put the domains of those 3 websites links into Semrush's competition research it is showing some out of this world stats, like 'billions' of backlinks and 100 Authority score so that too I don't get?

Anyways, so how does one know what it will take to beat out those top 3 showing in the local pack please?

mikehende, Oct 3, 2023 IP
  2. hamidch

hamidch Peon

Best Answers:
    To conduct competition research for non-.com sites, such as the local tailor's Wix site, you should focus on understanding the local SEO landscape. Start by analyzing the top-ranking competitors in the local pack for the relevant keywords. While traditional SEO tools like Semrush may provide data on backlinks and authority scores, these metrics might not be as relevant for non-.com sites, which could have different domain structures and SEO strategies.

Instead, assess their on-page optimization, content quality, user experience, and local citations. Look for gaps in their strategies and opportunities for improvement. Additionally, consider the uniqueness of your client's business and tailor your SEO efforts to highlight their distinct advantages and offerings in the local market.

hamidch, Oct 5, 2023 IP
  3. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Competition research is essential whether you are targeting .com or non-.com sites because it helps you understand your competitors' strategies and identify opportunities you can leverage in your own marketing efforts. Here are some steps you can follow when conducting competition research for non-.com sites:

1. Identify your competitors
    2. website
    3. SEO strategy
    4. social media strategy
    5. content marketing strategy
    6. email marketing strategy
    7. customer support strategy

Daniel165, Jan 25, 2024 IP