1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I delete my account

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Deals2save, Jul 27, 2023.

How do i delete my account on here ?

Deals2save, Jul 27, 2023 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't need to, just let it be inactive. We won't spam you. You have one post for every year since you signed up. Have you been having problems?

sarahk, Jul 27, 2023 IP
  3. Alexandru Ilica

Alexandru Ilica Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear staff of [digitalpoint.com],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request the deletion of my account on your platform, [https://forums.digitalpoint.com/]. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate a feature or option within the user settings that allows me to delete my account independently.

For privacy and security reasons, I would appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. Kindly confirm the receipt of this email and provide guidance on the steps necessary to permanently delete my account from your platform. Additionally, please inform me of any information or documentation required to facilitate this process.

I value the services your platform has provided, and I understand that account management procedures may vary. However, in accordance with privacy regulations and user rights, I trust that [Website Name] is committed to facilitating the account deletion process in a transparent and user-friendly manner.

I look forward to your prompt response and cooperation in ensuring the timely deletion of my account. If you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me via the email address.

If you take no action and the account will not be deleted in the next 2 weeks , you will be contacted by my lawyer and you will face charges !

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

[Alex I]

Alexandru Ilica, Dec 6, 2023 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @Alexandru Ilica - this might be useful: https://www.digitalpoint.com/help/policies#subpoenas. I saw your threat via dm, I wouldn't bother trying to sue me, I could not delete your account even if I wanted to. I could give you a permanent ban but I suspect you'd just have to create a new account to demand the deletion of your one little introduction post.

One solution many use is requesting a name change to something more anonymous, as it should have been in the first place!
    https://www.digitalpoint.com/account/upgrades

sarahk, Dec 6, 2023 IP
    Sumit_Singh likes this.
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol! ... and what "charges" might they be?

Agent000, Dec 7, 2023 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He's in Romania so I imagine it's something to do with the GDPR but given that he voluntarily created the account, chose his own username and voluntarily gave the information in his introduction post I'm not sure how things stand. All the info is also available on his couch surfing account, amongst many others. Surprisingly, his name is not unique, there are others out there with the same name.

sarahk, Dec 7, 2023 IP
  7. Siimon Kortteenniemi

Siimon Kortteenniemi Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I also have the same issue. I want to use my EU "right to be forgotten". As my username is my name, which is considered as a personal data (https://gdpr.eu/eu-gdpr-personal-data/) I want my account to be delete or my username changed without any charge.

Examples can be found here: https://commission.europa.eu/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/my-rights/can-i-ask-company-delete-my-personal-data_en

"Data should be deleted

You have joined a social networking site. After a while, you decide to leave the networking site. You have the right to ask the company to delete the personal data belonging to you."

This means, that even if you dont have to delete my account, you have to at least change my username as it is considered as a personal data. I know you offer this as a paid service, but because of the GDPR, you are obliged to do it without any charge, because my name (and username) is unique. Thats why my name shouldn't be visible in the username history as well.

Thank you.

Siimon Kortteenniemi, Jan 13, 2024 IP
  8. Siimon Kortteenniemi

Siimon Kortteenniemi Guest

Best Answers:
    Why there isnt any support contact details available anywhere?

Siimon Kortteenniemi, Jan 13, 2024 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If I had a dollar for every time someone threatened to sue me online, I'd have more money than Donald Trump alleges that he has.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 14, 2024 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's out of the realm of support that mods can offer but even in 2013 we knew better than to use our full name on accounts. I'll forward this to the admin but I'm sure in 2013 it was well known that what goes online stays online. GDPR came later to resolve the problem but it astounds me how naive people are.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Jan 15, 2024 IP
  11. Haddictive

Haddictive Member

Best Answers:
    Could you ask the admin to do the same for me? I would like to exercise my EU "right to be forgotten" as well.

Haddictive, Jan 19, 2024 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can't get anything removed from here unless you are staff. About 1.5 years ago a mod who hadn't shown up for years posted a thread on General Chat. She was obviously under the influence and I commented about that and my post received 2 likes, even from another Acclaimed member. Came back the very next day and the thread had been promptly removed.

Bit of a double standard there, but c'est la vie n'est pas?

Spoiltdiva, Jan 20, 2024 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    From Mexico?
    I haven't studied the law but from the brief notes I've read you need to be easily identified by the content. You don't appear to have posted anything that identifies you so you're probably fine just to abandon your account. I can give it a permanent ban if that helps.

@Spoiltdiva I delete threads every time I come on this site, I'm travelling at the moment so it's not that often, but deleting threads is very different from deleting accounts.

sarahk, Jan 20, 2024 IP