1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I create a videos website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by vladim, Apr 21, 2013.

I've been planning this for a while, but never did anything like it so some of my plans or maybe most of them might sound silly.

1. I would need a domain that can't be deleted if I post sensitive content;
    2. I want to be able to host everything on a raspberry pi with a 2 TB external HDD;
    3. I might need a different type of internet connection? If I get a lot of visitors and if they download content?
    4. How will I be able to 'hide' from my ISP?

I don't know if that would be the right order to start but I could use some help on what should I start with and how to take it from there. I've never done anything like this, so I'm not good with programming, linux etc... I'm really going into the unknown here and could really use some help, I have enough time until August to make it when I'll get my last paycheck, I'll probably be able to manage with the saved money until the end of the year so enough time to get this running and make it profitable.

Thanks in advance!

vladim, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  2. creativeD

creativeD Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my thoughts:

1. From your other points I believe you're self hosting so unless you're hosting illegal content, you shouldn't have to worry about your domain getting deleted.
    2. This is a bit tricky, don't have much first hand knowledge of the device but i can tell you a typical apache/php/sql stack + any amount of traffic may most likely bring the device to it's knees
    3. in any connection that you get you'll need to focus on your upload speed as that will be your bottleneck in self hosting. So if shopping for plans look for at least a 1mbps up.
    4. This one is tricky, unless you're hosting bad content the only to hide this kind of stack is to use something like Tor.
    Anyways those are to answers your questions but I would *really* advise against it, and if you're doing anything illegal, you will be caught ( this becomes more likely the less you know/technical you are ). My suggestion, find a good adult host if that's what you're interested in and do your project.

creativeD, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  3. vladim

vladim Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advices, I would have to fill the page with spam to make some profit so I would prefer to do it on my own, will see.

vladim, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  4. Ander-son

Ander-son Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Hosting a video site on a raspberry pi ?!?
    How many viewers are expecting 1?

I do not think you are realistic sorry
    :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Ander-son, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  5. rushlloyd

rushlloyd Member

Best Answers:
    I think your best solution would be just get a dirt cheap hosting account.
    Domain not getting deleted, depends on your content :D.

rushlloyd, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  6. vladim

vladim Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I knew it might sound silly, because I don't know much about it, but I would prefer some help, some tips or anything, instead of making fun of me. As I said I need help on how to create something like that.

vladim, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  7. vladim

vladim Guest

Best Answers:
    I really wanted to be in control of everything and nobody to interfere with it. I don't want my content being deleted by host, I don't want my domain to be deleted.

About content, I think is hard to make money if your content is the same as everybody else on the internet.

vladim, Apr 24, 2013 IP