1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I build backlinks to my site ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Jackobo007, May 24, 2004.

Hi Guys,
    How are you all ?
    Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm kinda new in this whole SEO,
    How do I build backlinks to my site http://www.shaislighting.com ?
    What do I need to do ? contact other sites owners ?
    :confused:
    Thanks for your help

Jackobo007, May 24, 2004 IP
  2. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to be rude, but how else would you think you could build links from other sites other than contacting the webmaster? You can't put a link on the other site. So unless the webmaster simply discovers your site and is so enthralled and impressed that he decides to link to it voluntarily and without prompting, you will have to contact the webmmasters and ask for links.

Now in most case you are not going to get a link back to your site unless you are willing to reciprocate and put a link on your site back to him/her. Some people look down their nose at reciprocal linking, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it in my view if properly done.

Read this article by one of the foremost authorities on reciprocal linking if you want another opinion on the subject.

compar, May 24, 2004 IP
  4. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Link building is important, and there are a number of sites around that can assist with this task. Most of these sites bring webmasters together in order to swap links of mutual benefit.

One site I can think of is linksmanager.com, and it's sister site linkpartners.com - these can be used to garner a wide variety of opportunities in a relatively short time.

It's worth having a look around to find which will work best for you. Just remember, link with sites that are related to your site's content.

Sites that are related to your site are those that feature 'related' content. You can find related keywords, by using the tilder '~' in front of a search term on Google, ie ~lighting etc.. you'll see the related search terms appear bolded throughout the SERPS (Search Engine Results PageS).

Hope that helped :)

john_loch, May 24, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Doo a google search for your desired keyphrase, then contact all the webmasters of the sites that appear...

Some won't respond, some will.

I suggest that you put the link to their site first so that they know you mean well...

That's all I do and it seems to do the trick...

Alternatevly you could buy links. I wouldn't suggest it though.

SEbasic, May 25, 2004 IP
  6. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I also don't see anything wrong with reciprocal linking. I've started contacting webmasters of related sites to find out if they're interested in a link exchange.

Thanks for the link. Nice read.

TLDTrader.com, May 25, 2004 IP
  7. Jackobo007

Jackobo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ppl,
    Thanks a lot for the inputs, I just didn't think that it's common to contact other webmasters and exchange links, hmmm, Well, I learned something new.
    Thanks a lot to all of you.

Jackobo007, May 25, 2004 IP
  8. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never solicited a reciprocal link though I have accepted suggestions for same after requesting one way links.

I look for sites that are listing sites similar to mine and are obviously not affiliates, resellers or distributors for a competitor. I then send an e-mail to the owner, webmaster or appropirate individual as best as I can determine listing the page and category where I think my site would fit.

Basically I ask myself if I were the owner/webmaster of the target site, would I consider listing my site? If not, I don't bother them. Sometimes I get a one way link, sometimes I get a response requesting a reciprocal link and sometimes I get ignored. YMMV.

Bernard, May 25, 2004 IP
  9. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    New, here, but I'd just like to add that I'm picky about link exchanges. I go and look at who else they're exchanging with and how their link pages are set up. I not only want relevant sites, I want links from sites who aren't just exchanging links with every other site out there. All too often you'll see sites exchanging links with completely unrelated sites, links pages with 100s of unrelated, disorganized links and so forth. Sure, it's a link, but I like to have some vague hope that the search engines (and potentially visitors) will be able to find my link and see it as relevant.

stephfoster, May 25, 2004 IP
  10. Jackobo007

Jackobo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was about to ask you a question , but wow you guys are good, I just saw the last 2 answers and it answered my question.
    Thanks guys, you are the best

Jackobo007, May 26, 2004 IP
  11. dual_real

dual_real Peon

Best Answers:
    I am VERY new and I am getting turned off of backlinks. Is this corrcet of me to think? I am trying to get listed on google other than adwords.

Thanks in advance,

Chip

http://www.dualrealestate.com

dual_real, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  12. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    zexy, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  13. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have you checked the sticky thread on this forum? it's a good resourse for the link building

trichnosis, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  14. jtpratt

jtpratt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    something worthy of mentioning here, is that you don't want to build links in bad neighborhoods. Getting links from a site that is associated with bad sites is worse than not having any links at all (as far as potential google penalties go).

A tool I recently stumbled upon to give some insight to this is : www. bad-neighborhood .com

jtpratt, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  15. smgitjr

smgitjr Peon

Best Answers:
    I see nothing wrong with reciprocal linking to get you started but we all know one way links are best, of course. Article submission and/or blogging are great examples of one way links but you need to focus on keywords and keyword phrases to be successful at this type of linking.

smgitjr, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  16. Smithers

Smithers Banned

Best Answers:
    Some good free things to do is add the link to your signature, make comments on blogs with the URL, post it on related forums, submit to SEO friendly topsites, submit to directories.

If you need others PM me I can think of much more :D

Smithers, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  17. jtpratt

jtpratt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have yet to create an article and submit it to article directories, although I can think of many I could write that would be great. What worries me is the 'bad-neighborhood' thing again. What if a site picks it up, and they are MFA, or 90% aff links, blogspam, who knows what...I mean, don't those links do me more harm than good?

Also - with the 'duplicate content' issues at google, do I really want 30 copies of the same article I wrote all pointing back to my site? And each one having the exact same link and link text (which further devalues the links).

Who has submitted to article directories and actually gotten really consistently good results with it?

jtpratt, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  18. kittukumar12

kittukumar12 Guest

Best Answers:
    hi all am deeparyan am increase the back links for your site with an less cost and increase the back links and traffic for your site and also top ranking of your site ...

send me your details
    kittukumar12@gmail.com

kittukumar12, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  19. sheds

sheds Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit to social bookmarking sites, Submit to directories, article submission and blog comment posting

Exchange text links: forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

sheds, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  20. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get backlinks through forum sig, directory submission and link exchange.

rainier, Jul 30, 2008 IP