1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I appeal a PayPal decision?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by kafka001, Nov 29, 2018.

A buyer recently complained to PayPal that I had made an unauthorised withdrawal from his account. I had received an order from this person for a vinyl record which, after I received payment on PayPal, I duly posted to the address given on his order and on PayPal. The only evidence I could provide at the time was a copy of his order. PayPal ruled against me, deducted his payment from my account and fined me $15. His payment was only $25 or so but the $15 fine implied that PayPal believed I had defrauded him. I did some research and discovered further evidence. I am stuck because although I am supposedly able to appeal PayPal's decision, the Appeal option does not appear under View when I open the case. Any advice?

kafka001, Nov 29, 2018 IP
  2. kafka001

kafka001 Member

Best Answers:
    I emailed the complaining buyer and he replied that he had, in fact, received the item and was going to contact PayPal to clear the matter up. I am annoyed that I cannot contact PayPal to appeal their decision.

kafka001, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  3. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Try to reach them (paypal) through phone call for quicker action.

DON.

deluxdon, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  4. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The only way they'll even allow you to appeal a final decision is to provide a tracking number through the resolution center and even then, it's iffy. They love favoring buyers even when the evidence is against them.

You can call them if you want but their support is less helpful than useless.

coreygeer, Dec 10, 2018 IP