1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did you start making money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by KonRadicool, Apr 13, 2014.

Hey everyone

I have been procrastinating over the past few weeks, trying to figure out how to make money online, I have joined a few courses and began following them, but I am Interested how did you begin to make money online, It would be awesome to find out your step by steps, but also maybe give me an example of one of your best websites.
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  2. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I started by creating this one random day: http://switchblade.helgesverre.com
    It got popular by being reviewed on lifehacker and ghacks, and i got 100 bucks in donations.

After that i've gone over to the web hosting niche(gonna start my second brand soon), as well as some affiliate commissions from my blogs.

Helge Sverre, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  3. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you created a product, and gave it out for free? did you collect peoples details?
    Also what sort of software can you build?
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I started selling network cables on eBay. We grew so big on eBay that Amazon invited us to start selling on their site (this was way back when you had to be invited/approved to sell on Amazon) but I soon grew tired of consumer sales (too many idiot buyers) and started to focus on corporate sales to data centers and network managers. We now offer 11,000+ networking products/supplies.

jrbiz, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  5. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Wow that is amazing. how many years did it take for you to achieve such a high level of business?

6. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started selling wholesale sunglasses on eBay last summer and actually started making money doing so. Like $200-$300 a month. I really should get back into it.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the company has been in business for ten years. However, we did an awful lot of sales in the first year on eBay. We became a PowerSeller with over 10,000 customers in the first 12-18 months, if I recall correctly. It has taken much longer, of course, to build up our corporate clientele.

jrbiz, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  8. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    So would you say that persistence is the key to your success, and also how do you scout out people, or get people to purchase from your website, do you advertise, network market etc.?

9. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Did you come across the products that you are selling on any other website in particular?

10. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand the question?

Dionne Taylor, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  11. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Hey Dionne with the products you were selling, where did you first acquire them. Did you purchase them online or did you make them yourself?

12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that offering value (top quality products at great prices) is the key. I am an expert marketer and have tried just about every approach to lead generation over the years and have discovered that you cannot sell network cables to someone who does not need them at that specific moment in time. No one buys cables "on spec" and no one buys more cables than they specifically need, so it is hard to market or sell such products economically. Slowly, over time, we have built up a customer base and tend to it lovingly as that seems to have the most impact on our revenues. When a new client finds us, we do everything that we can to make him or her happy and hopefully keep them coming back for more.

jrbiz, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  13. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created a blog ( http://www.askdanyal.com )and setted up adsense on it but the real earning started with micro jobs sites, Where i provided different services and earned real good, The new payza policy for USA customers hurt the business for me but got my hands on some new sites and now I am back on track :)

danyalsadd, Apr 15, 2014 IP