1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did you learn English writing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by FarrisFahad, Jan 2, 2024.

For me I learned first by listening, then I started writing and learning about English grammar and how to write an article. Now I am learning about transition words to make my sentences flow.

What about you?

FarrisFahad, Jan 2, 2024 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started from the grammar
    with the most useful words.

Then, I just used the language
    for work and other purposes.

Artisan, Jan 3, 2024 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What would you say is your best, listening, speaking, or writing?

FarrisFahad, Jan 3, 2024 IP
  4. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    I've started reading and learning grammar. And the last one is listening unfortuately. This is my biggest trouble

MargoFarrel, Jan 4, 2024 IP
  5. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reading.

Artisan, Jan 4, 2024 IP
  6. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to add that if you are writing English articles, then you should research your target market FIRST before writing, as English is different depending on the country.

For example, I'm from Canada where we add the letter "u" to many English words, such as favourite, flavour, colour, etc., but when I write for an American audience I drop the "U" and write sentences like "My favorite flavor is orange, just like the color."

Another example is the phrase "best practices", which native English speaking Americans don't use, so when I see that in a sentence I immediately know it was written by a non-English writer. Webmaster forums are full of threads on "SEO best practices" topics, which tells me the writer is from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc., where that phrasing is commonplace.

So, just keep those things in mind when writing for a country outside of your own. A bit of initial research can go a long way in blending in as a fluid writer for your target market, which in turn will make them trust your opinion more and be more likely to take your article seriously.

asmodeus, Jan 9, 2024 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good thread, relevant topic. Both of my parents were trilingual.(French/German/English) While their English was not perfect it was passable. As a child I was tutored by tutors who all knew a fair amount of English, and could speak albeit with an accent.
    From there I spent 4 years at La Sorbonne in Paris and learnt to perfect my English. To this day I still speak with a French accent, but everyone tells me that they find it "charming".;)

So I am not at all self conscious about the way I speak English. Added to all of that I have worked in the U.S.A. and Canada and have been immersed in this language. I believe that today my English is 100%.

For the novice English speaker writing is paramount especially when you have to search online for the right words. This process is a huge benefactor and will make you all the better at it.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 13, 2024 IP
  8. bannersandlanders

bannersandlanders Banned

Best Answers:
    By speaking in English. If you are not from an English-speaking country, you should find a place to work where you can use English daily. You can also read English books, and whenever you come across something you don't understand, translate it and write it in your notebook. You can speak with people from the USA on platforms like Fiverr. Another option is to practice writing and then use tools like Grammarly to check your grammar. This way, you can see where you are making mistakes and learn from them.

bannersandlanders, May 31, 2024 IP
  9. Silver Crocodile

Silver Crocodile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Study grammar rules, expand your vocabulary, read and write regularly, and, as BannersandLanders suggested, use writing tools to check your grammar and style.

Silver Crocodile, Jun 3, 2024 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i learn in primary school .We start learning english in second class and i think that helped me a lot

Spartan14, Jun 3, 2024 IP
  11. Muhammad Rizwan

Muhammad Rizwan Peon

Best Answers:
    I learned English writing through consistent practice, reading extensively, and receiving feedback. Engaging in writing exercises, studying grammar and style guides, and immersing myself in English content such as books, articles, and media also played a crucial role. Additionally, using ChatGPT for guidance, corrections, and personalized writing tips significantly enhanced my skills.

Muhammad Rizwan, Jun 19, 2024 IP
  12. martinemma

martinemma Peon

Best Answers:
    If You want to learn English writing follow the essential steps. I started reading newspapers, novels books, stories, and essays. This routine has helped me understand different writing styles, increase my vocabulary, practice writing, and improve grammar, structure, and sentences day by day. Feedback from teachers and help with https://cipdassignmenthelp.uk.com/cipd-level-5 assignment writing help and online resources in improving my writing skills. Feedback from teachers and peers was crucial in improving my skills. they can provide professional-level assistance in crafting well-structured essays and other assignments.

martinemma, Jul 5, 2024 IP