1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did you become an seo expert ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by poccake, Apr 14, 2008.

How did you become an seo expert and are you taking the advantage right now.

poccake, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  2. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense, but this is far from the best place to find SEO experts. Yes, there are a lot of talented people who know what they're doing (such as myself, ssandecki, sweetfunny and others), but there are also a lot of people here who spread misinformation, either out of ignorance, lack of knowledge (they don't know that what they believe to know is either out-of-date or flat out wrong) or even malice (they know it's wrong but they tell you it's right anyway out of hope of either getting your site banned for a keyword they're optimizing for or worse - to take your money and run like a thief in the night).

Anyway, I don't proclaim to be an expert (though I do know more than a lot of people, it seems), but after learning HTML/XHTML, CSS, information architecture, usability and accessibility, and how to write for the Web (I'm not as good with this aspect as I am with the others yet, but I do have my moments of glory), I started to "learn" SEO by reading the Search Engine Optimization FAQ over at SitePoint as well as Chris Beasley's SEO Guide, which made me realize that I already knew most of what I should have learned about SEO in the first place. The rest was mainly what the search engines allow and don't allow, and other best practices.

Dan Schulz, Apr 14, 2008 IP
    PS_of_Carramba.net and Varelse like this.
  3. sheds

sheds Peon

Best Answers:
    Time changes every thing,
    Do hard work and set the goal in your mind.
    That you can and you will.
    you will surely get success.
    Best of luck.

sheds, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  4. mobileshub

mobileshub Peon

Best Answers:
    "Practice Makes Man Perfect"

This is the best quote.

Only Theoritical Knowledge in SEO is not gonna work. You have to implement it practically

Thats the best way out

mobileshub, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  5. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    in order to become a seo expert,

you must be patient.. it takes a lot of time of learning and mastering seo..

its a never ending learning as they said..

seo expert are genius especially in the field of link building..

I'm sure seo expert take advantage of their knowledge although they don't

admit it to themselves..

JessieJames27, Apr 14, 2008 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  6. johnenderson

johnenderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Practice Makes a Man Perfect

Thanks
    John

johnenderson, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  7. Farhan5

Farhan5 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is a great post i read it and realised seo...

Farhan5, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  8. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    I certainly can't call myself expert but to be honest, I don't think most of the people don't deserves to call them expert (even though they do). I have spent countless hours on DP and other forums, reading threads after threads and posts after posts to gain immense knowledge to be able to call myself "a Person with really Good SEO knowledge"

I think SEO expert is just used to attract clients.

poseidon, Apr 14, 2008 IP
    jg_abad likes this.
  9. archer_07

archer_07 Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't call my self as an seo expert either. In SEO field, learning is a continuous process and in this field there are always new tircks, Ideas and many more! You call yourself an expert if you know everything about one particular subject, But sad to say that in this field, no one should claim his self an expert because SE's algorithms is continuous changing every once in a while. As for me, I am just knowledgeable when in comes to SEO.

archer_07, Apr 15, 2008 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  10. johnafrankllin

johnafrankllin Banned

Best Answers:
    The confidence that I can do it.
    the courage to do experimentation.
    Reading the expert's thoughts in forums and blogs.
    last but most important Dedication.

Am I right?

johnafrankllin, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  11. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Knowledge knowledge and knowledge and experimenting you know Trial and error

Anyway i don't call myself an expers just an informed guy i hate people that call themselfs experts / gurus bla bla bla

w3bmaster, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  12. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think the best seo is the content ... no matter what ... if you have a quality content ... you can never be out of SEO

n3o, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  13. Shayonags

Shayonags Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have been an analyst.
    An IT Analyst.

While being an IT analyst, I had been asked for taking care of the whole SEO Dep.
    Heading the SEO team, made me an SEO expert.
    It was a coincidence since i had never thought of this.

Shayonags, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  14. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    It is just like anything thing else the more you do the better you get., it has taken me time and money to get better at it.

zingo, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  15. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    i have started learning SEO after completion of my Bachelor degree in Computer science and engineering, before 2 years. if i want to move in software development than i can easily get job for the same but i like to work in this field due to vast research. My technical expertise help a lot to understand basic functionality of algorithm as i had studied all the stuff while i developed the project in college.
    I started learning by doing experiment on my own sites and create thumb rules based on result. still today i used to do many experiment and research to improve my result. but still i can't say i am SEO expert coz no one is perfect. there is always change of improvement and i am always ready to learn.

jg_abad, Apr 15, 2008 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  16. kijakarn

kijakarn Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm too far to be an SEO expert , call me "parttime worker" instead. :) No real qualification to prove that anyone can be an expert , because there is no standard measurement like IU or standard international unit , even SE have their own different scores.

kijakarn, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  17. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree!
    As someone said above it is so continues and changeable process that even if one is a "true expert" right now, he/she might not be in the next moment...

I personally started learning&doing SEO with the first job I've ever applied - it was around the decay of reciprocal link building few years ago and that's my job. But since it wasn't taking me so much time, I went further to learn much better ways of SEO - just from curiosity, hence leaving the job and start my own projects... never stop experimenting/learning or doing the SEO myself - again due to the quoted message! I mean I am not about to ever let someone else do SEO on my sites, although I did it from time to time for clients and more frequently for familiar people's sites/4 free/.
    Anyway, I have to admit that pretty good part of my knowledge is thanks to the conversations on this forum, so THANK YOU ALL & I HOPE I'VE BEEN IN HELP TO YOU AS WELL!!!

Guess if one takes something seriously enough, he won't loose its track and keep some good results....

Cheers :)

abraxas, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  18. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can become an expert in any field you want if you are willing to work hard and have patience. Try to join SEO Competitions and experiment with different keywords

Good Luck

Olgi

0lgi, Apr 15, 2008 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  19. rwin2007

rwin2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Trail on Error!

Trying, falling, learning, standing up, reading, trying again, falling harder, learn more and eventually you will find the Holy Grail of SEO.

Have fun getting more experienced in SEO. In Dutch we call this: Learning with "Blood, swet and tears" :)

rwin2007, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  20. articledirectory

articledirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say I'm and SEO expert but being a webmaster for 10 years has probably helped.
    Its a lot of trial and error and sticking with what works.
    There are SEO tricks and tips that are timeless and always work and other that don't, you need to have an adaptive mind and learn quickly when SE's change their algo's

articledirectory, Apr 15, 2008 IP