1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how did you all start making money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcknight321, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well I first started making money online via in like 2003 ebay doing the whole import then re sell thing, got over that in 2004 moved into affiliate style marking for survey sites,

via this I then used my basic skills in web design to make a site in late 2005, was a member on car froum's and this guy told me I could be making money via ads on my site, I really liked marketing and knew basic promotion.

After that I just got into seo, marking, promotions eveyr thing online.

I made some sites started getting google earnings, one site I had which was a .net the .com owner bought me out,

then I jave moved pretty big into all types of making money via websites and all type of promotions online.

You really need to have a marekting brain to get some decent money online.

and things take time its nothing something you can do over night it takes months to years to actually start making a decent daily income.

my tips for making a website

1) buy a domain ie .com/ .net/.info what ever dont waste your time on a blogspot or free domain
    2) buy webhosting dont waste your time on a junk free host
    3) think of promotion methods out side the square dont use things other people do come up with new things.
    4) Make a site on something you LIKE...do not make a site on something random

good luck I hope my info helped

Connections, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  2. mcknight321

mcknight321 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you they did help i will beusing your 4 guidelines at the bottom

mcknight321, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  3. Fisker

Fisker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started out as a forum poster and didnt even knew what to write since my knowledge on several topics was... well you know what I mean:rolleyes:

Fisker, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I started making money online at age 15 when I received my first gig to build a website ;) (it was random). After that, I realized it could be profitable, hence I started my website design business (under 2 other names prior to this one)

8everything, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  5. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    I started with adsense. Built an article based website, posted all unique articles and once I started getting traffic, used black hat to increase the income.

Now trying to get info affiliate marketing.

ajeetroy, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  6. glendowney

glendowney Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I started with affiliate marketing as I heard it was making people thousands per month, and I thought, I'll have a bit of that. It didn't work out but a contact I had made during my time trying to make a success in affiliate marketing told me about DP forums. I never had any money either until I came here. I then offered to do article writing jobs and forum posting and started earning enough to make my first site. Since then I've bought and sold domains and am developing a few sites.
    If you are determined and have some skills then go to B/S/T and offer your services!

glendowney, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  7. KunkVentures

KunkVentures Peon

Best Answers:
    at a bare minimum learn html, the basics of seo, and basic marketing principles.

KunkVentures, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  8. jschuman

jschuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started with the Plugin Profit Site in the fall of 2002. I did this part time for 4 years and full time now for one year. I decided to go after the keywords make money online and hundreds of variations. I learned SEO and am now on page one of Google for over 1000 different keywords.

jschuman, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  9. Sully

Sully Peon

Best Answers:
    I started with a simple blog at first and later moved onto web design. Now I'm so spread out with different projects I'm not sure what to do with myself.

Sully, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  10. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I started out by building websites. I had built a few personally for myself and saw that there was a demand out there. I had a few people I knew that needed one so I charged a ridiculously cheap rate to do theirs. From there I was eager to make more money and purchased a established website which I still own to this day and does quite well. I don't think that route is for anyone and I just lucked out on my first purchase. :)

PHPGator, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  11. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    I just opened a PayPal account and worked out ways of filling it.

chriswick, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  12. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, I love it.

my experience was strikingly similar!

Union, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  13. johnson36

johnson36 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just about to receive some products from a manufacturer in China and I will soon need a website. I have been an Ebay seller for several years now and will be selling on ebay. However there is a lot of competion on price so I would like to have my own website and get myself near the top of a google search with relevant keywords. I have already bought some very good .co.uk domain names which I think are the best. I will probably buy some more to link to my website.
    My question is : what is the best way to start with a website ? can you recommend the best sites for a good free template or am i better to buy something ? My 2nd question is: where is the best place for hosting my website ?
    I bought my current 3 domains through 123.reg.co.uk they are charging £2.59+vat per year. Do these always have to stay with 123.reg.co.uk ? or do they move the hosting site when I make a web page ?

Cheers

johnson36, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  14. igotaces21

igotaces21 Banned

Best Answers:
    i started up my own poker blog. a bunch of my poker blogger buds told me to contact certain people at full tilt poker, bodog and poker source online. I now make great money off my blog.

- Full tilt poker pays me $50 a month into my poker account to keep there ad up on my site.

- Bodog pays me $300 every 6 months to run there ad. (now that i think of it next month i get to renew it :)!! )

- Poker Source Online pays me $250 every 12 months to run there ad.

Not to mention the other text link deals I have made with others. Thats not bad for just starting a poker blog about 7 months ago. BTW im new here and I'd like to thank everyone for being kind. I'm trying 2 be an active member and I'm already learning a lot and getting lots of info.

Check out my blog: http://joeythechips.blogspot.com

igotaces21, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I learned about making money online when I Google something that led me here to DP. Ever since then I have been reading and absorbing as much information here to learn more ways to earn.

cool_78, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  16. chipstalkers.com

chipstalkers.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate programs , and ad space are my ways .

chipstalkers.com, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  17. imagize

imagize Peon

Best Answers:
    I can relate to this. I started trying to learn html over 5 years ago because I found it interesting. Over the last few years I have become experienced in php etc and I discovered you can make a nice income doing what you enjoy. :)

imagize, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  18. joshril27

joshril27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I started with Adsense and got tired of waiting for a check so I started thinking of things that would pay me immediately.. Granted, Adsense and affiliates are great, but very few get rich with Adsense. Affiliates aren't bad, but the competition is rough! I'm currently making about $x,xxx per month online.. just doing a little of everything. Find what you enjoy and go after it.

joshril27, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  19. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    l made my 1st money from ebay in 2001 year. That was easy money, because i sold some collection goods for 6 months, and my income had been about 5000 USD. But now my ebay business isn't doing well, and i'm looking for something other. Possible i'll try to resell domain names, but this' a risk business.
    I've made a website, however every dollar which i'm able to pick up with the site will go to homeless pets.

nick2007, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  20. aznjack31

aznjack31 Peon

Best Answers:
    I started out in 2005/2006 with an incentive site and I found the right forums to advertise on and I sold me site early this year and got 4k for it. It was pretty easy money but the affiliate crediting systems were somtimes not crediting, but it happens. I can help you if you want me to.

aznjack31, Oct 5, 2007 IP