1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did John Reese Do it?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by peeg, Jul 30, 2006.

1. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how is it that we still see posts like this every day?

people: start reading through the forums before posting dumb questions!!

frankcow, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  2. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    **edited because I don't care enough about the subject to say something that would make it seem like I was started a "flame war."**

sd2001, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  3. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Joel. My buddy ole pal. Nice to see you here.

Oh people if you want to know about success then just ask Joel. His 500words.com has taking off like wildfire.

I've heard about Mike and Keith. Great success story.

BB

3dPrinting, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  4. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:

No thanks, I have seen Joel breaking adsense TOS on his adsense forums a long time ago. There is a thread about it here on DP. So I dont think he really has something which I learn from him..

Anyway, while I agree that there are many talkers and few doers, I feel these books are only for talkers.
    Because doers do not need 24 hours crash course to become successful rather they make their own way to get the success by searching and getting resources online.

I, for one, believe there is nothing as easy money. noone and I repeat noone can become millionaire by reading an ebook or doing a crash course.

I consider myself succesful because when I satreted my online business, I knew nothing about Internet other than how to check my mails and how to chat. I kept searching for resources, reading online forums, newsletters and community groups. By the time I learnt a lot, right from coding to Marketing.
    Now I know a lot on different subjects, but I've chosen to help people for free.
    I have made enough money yet I dont feel like composing an ebook and selling it for $19 to 'help' newbies. I am always available to help newbies so the other helpful and really successful people like Shoemoney and Shawn himself.

Why I think These ebooks are useless?
    Because Internet and Marketing are very vast area, there is no standard solution for problems. They vary person to person, problem to problem.
    So one trick proved successful for one might not be the same for others.

When someone contacts me with his problem, I look into his real situation and try to find the best possible way to solve it, that too for free.
    So If someone needs to really 'help' people he doesnt need to write an ebook and sell it for $99.

All this is a marketing gimix and people who wrote these books are making fool out of people IMO just like any other corporate company.

The Webmaster, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  5. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:

I agree 100%. A lot of what I said in the post above that I edited paraphrases this, but I didn't say it nearly as nicely...haha.

All of these "martketing" schemes are crap. It's nothing more than an information age Amway.

sd2001, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  6. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    How so? I've haven't broken any TOS. At one time I had AdSense on the forums, but Google asked me to remove the ads, not because it was a violation of TOS, but because they don't want sites ABOUT AdSense running AdSense ads. Technically, DP is in violation of this too as I am seeing AdSense on pages about AdSense. Big deal.

Of course not! You have to apply what you learn! Who ever said that just reading an ebook would make you money?

People who are helping people shouldn't toot their own horn. It sounds like "look at me and what a good person I am!"

You make assumptions about what I, or others, do to help people. Careful about assuming... you know what can happen. ;-)

This is ludicrous and absurd. If this was true, why would someone go to school to learn ANYTHING? After all, you sit in a classroom with 20 or 30 other people who are totally different, learning the same thing from the same professor. A general course is exactly that, a general course. It teaches the basics that everyone should know. The personal touch only comes in handy AFTER you provide a firm foundation in your subject matter. And many of us in Internet marketing DO one-on-one coaching to help people implement and customize.

And that's admirable. If you wish to donate your time, you are free to do so. Unfortunately, that isn't the way most businesses work. I wonder, what do you sell and how do you make money? The case could easily be made that you should "give it away". It just so happens that your business model is different than others. That doesn't make it better, just different.

Honestly, have you listened to yourself? With this absurd logic, grocery stores shouldn't charge for food because they are feeding people. Wal-mart should give away video games and televisions, because why should people pay? Colleges shouldn't charge tuition because you can get the same thing in a book (or online) cheaper or free.

We live in a free market where people pay for goods and services. Capitalism drives the world and everyone needs money to survive. Good intentions are fine, but they don't pay the bills.

Then how do you explain the hundreds of testimonies that I and others regularly receive from these "foolish" people?

Thought I'd just offer an alternative perspective. Regardless, I wish you the best success in whatever you do.

Joel

jcomm, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    You have a short term memory Joel ;)
    Do you remember labling google ads with "support this forum" text on your adsense forum??
    I am sure you dont, but I still have that screenshot, dont let me post it again.

While We have already argued about the usefullness of your books (Last year Oct.) I dont want to dig old graves again.. You will continue selling your books because there are no end of 'foolish' people :) so best of luck...

The Webmaster, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  8. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    Well whatever your guys debate is, I only know of the person I spoke about and see his name all over including his projects.

You guys can dig up whatever you want. As for me, I'm going to the beach. lol

Have fun

3dPrinting, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  9. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, that. Yes, my memory does fail... too much going on!

That was totally innocent... done by my enthusiastic webmaster, and I had not seen it until it was pointed out to me. It was immediately remedied with no problem.

The irony is staggering. Thanks for the levity. I needed it after a day of traveling. :)

Joel

jcomm, Aug 2, 2006 IP