1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How detect are page is transferred 100% or not?

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by ramis55, Jul 12, 2005.

Hello,
    I want make the seconds actions with JavaScript:
    1. On opening the web page showing the text: “downloading page…”
    2. When page 100 % is transferred remove text: “downloading page…” and open the web page.

In this case my question is. How I can detect are web page in progress transferring or is completed transferring?
    Or maybe impossible detect the web page transferring?

ramis55, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  2. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Try pushing "loading..." right at the beginning of the server-side script (i.e. no buffering on the web server) and then hide "loading..." in the onload handler (e.g. give it an ID and set its display to none).

In general, though, it is better not to use such tricks - if your visitor disables JS, they will end up with "loading..." at the top of the page.

You can also use URL refresh, if there's a background process that prepares results for a subsequent hit.

J.D.

J.D., Jul 12, 2005 IP
  3. ramis55

ramis55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for answer.
    I am solve my problems with JavaScript. QuickTime having owner JavaScript function GetMaxBytesLoaded() and GetMovieSize(). In this case i can showing progress bar.

For more: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/Conceptual/QTScripting_JavaScript/index.html

ramis55, Jul 13, 2005 IP