1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How detail information you can get from Google Maps Traffic API

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Apipik, Aug 9, 2016.

Does anyone know how detail information is possible to get from Google Maps Traffic API.
    I ask this because I would like to know if I can get information about how many cars are stopping in front on some sightseeings near me. Not passing by the sight but stopping there and also see how long they stop there.
    It does not have to live info, it would be even helpful if its few weeks old traffic info.
    And I dont want to know where they come from or where are they going next.

Apipik, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  2. bmills

bmills Peon

Best Answers:
    You must have Google Maps API For Work, which, I believe, a paid version:

Note: Maps for Work users must include client and signature parameters with their requests instead of a key.
    [...]
    duration_in_traffic indicates the total duration of this leg, taking into account current traffic conditions. The duration in traffic will only be returned if all of the following are true:

• The directions request includes a departure_time parameter set to a value within a few minutes of the current time.
    • The request includes a valid Google Maps API for Work client and signature parameter.
    • Traffic conditions are available for the requested route.
    • The directions request does not include stopover waypoints.

You could use Bing's api and throw it back into google maps: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh441725

bmills, Aug 10, 2016 IP
    bradrx7 likes this.