1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HOW CAN MAKE FLYERS WORK FOR PEOPLE ON THE STREET?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by oofgyn dfbrv, Jun 29, 2017.

I wondered, how can we make people picked our flyers or walked directly to pick the flyers instead of throw it away or whatever. Hope, you could me us more ideas :D

oofgyn dfbrv, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I threw away every flyer someone gave me at a mall or on a street. They may, of course, work but I can safely assume that the ROI is almost always dismal.

qwikad.com, Jul 1, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First off, unless to stick a gun to someone's head, you cannot make them do anything. So, quit trying.

Second, unless your flyers address a COMPELLING issue for people, no one will pick them up or keep them. Compelling issues DO NOT exist for everyone on the street except during war time when EVERYONE has the SAME issues.

Basically, if you are spending money on flyers and NOT targeting a NARROW specific demographic, you are throwing money down the rat hole.

mmerlinn, Jul 1, 2017 IP
  4. Touchmypp.com

Touchmypp.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    every item/service will sell itself. If the person is interested in what the flier consist then a simple organized presented flier will do. Less is more

Touchmypp.com, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  5. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Flyers are good, but only up to a certain point. It's mostly a hit-or-miss thing, and most of the time it would be a miss. Interested people will not need a flyer to go, since the interest is there. Uninterested people will simply throw it away. Making a flyer catchy might attract more people, but then it could also be expensive.

Milliardo, Jul 7, 2017 IP
  6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's good with handing out flyers is that it increases the brand awareness. Many people might look down at the flyer quickly and then throw it away, but still they have seen your brand and will now that your business exists. To maximize the brand awareness thing, you should wear a vest with your company's name while handing out the flyers.

MrKing01, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  7. Michelle A Ong

Michelle A Ong Peon

Best Answers:
    What I do is give out a FREE lead magnet that they can claim. Or give them a 70% off coupon.

Michelle A Ong, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I got given a tshirt by a guy on the street outside a tech conference - the brand is in my face every time my husband wears it. The company knew where there would be a concentrated number of people who were open to new information and so it was worth the extra expense of a decent giveaway.

But if I'm walking down the road and someone wants to give me a flyer and they're not instantly identifiable as promoting a brand I might be interested in I won't touch it.

However, if they're wearing and Oxfam tshirt I know they want to promote Oxfam. If they're wearing a taco suit I know they're promoting a fast food outlet. I then decide if I'm interested or not. If I'm visiting a city for the day then their TGIF deals won't interest me. If they're promoting a popup tech store where I can get cheap lightning cables I may be more likely to take one.

sarahk, Jul 17, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As @sarahk mentions in the above post, it's important that you reach your target audience. Like the t-shirt example. The t-shirts were handed out outside a tech conference, where people were already open to new information. The t-shirts most likely promoted a tech product or service. I doubt that there would be any success if the t-shirts were handed out in the town square. So it's very important that you reach your target audience when you do a campaign. Regardless if it's handing out t-shirts or flyers.

MrKing01, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search for bench on parks in bus station etc or you can give them directly to people

Spartan14, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  11. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you got any advice on how to make the flyers appealing to people? Right now you are saying that handing out flyers sound good. But the question is how to make them appealing.

MrKing01, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  12. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what kind of product you're promoting. If it meets the needs of a lot of people, then you could go for it. If it's only a niche product you're wasting your advertising money. Everybody needs to buy some shampoo to wash his hair, but not everybodey needs the latest tech gadget. You need to be selective in order to promote your business the right way.

Bielefelder, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  13. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is, if all you're doing is giving a flying anyone who will accept one, you're not going to find much success. If you must hand out flyers, go where your target customers are, and give flyers to only those people. Your target customers are the ONLY people who will purchase your services -- spending your marketing dollars on them, and them alone.

The guy on the park bench doesn't need a flyer asking him to buy a new computer. The girl at the salon doesn't need a flyer trying to convince her to buy a hamburger. You get the idea. Market to your customers. Target the people who actually need what you have to offer.
    -

thebrandman, Jul 31, 2017 IP