1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I track 3 specific pages on my website? (source + visits)

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by FridaWadsby, May 6, 2013.

Hey,

I have a website with a lot of pages, over 200 unique pages. On Facebook im going to link to 3 of those pages, and I would love to know how to track ONLY those 3 pages. I need to know how many visits the links generated.

It would be great if one could put only them in a report, but is that possible? What kinds of possible solutions is there for me?

FridaWadsby, May 6, 2013 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is not possible to real track ,if it is coming from facebook.

humtuma, May 6, 2013 IP
  3. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I would suggest:

Lets say for the sake of this example you have 3 pages on domain.com and they are as follows:

domain.com/facebook-example-1/
    domain.com/facebook-example-2/
    domain.com/facebook-example-3/

On the left panel click on Traffic Sources -> Overview.

At the top underneath the words Traffic Sources Overview you will see Advanced Segments.

Click it and you will see two boxes. Below the right box click +New Custom Segment. In the Name: box at the top put Facebook Conversions. Under that you will see a green box that should default to Ad Content. Click that box and find Page in the drop down menu and select it. You will notice a search box where you can type Page and get to it quicker than scrolling down. Then select (if not already selected) Containing in the drop down menu to the right of it. Finally, put "facebook-example-" into the box to the right of that. Altogether we have:

Include - Page - Containing - facebook-example-

(Because this is an example and you don't have pages named facebook-example- on your actual site, this won't actually work for you. It is only an example)

Now a few lines below all of this hit the Preview Segment button and you should see data at the bottom if you have already been receiving hits to the pages linked into from your Facebook pages.

Scroll down a bit and you will see Referral Traffic -> Source. Upon clicking this you will see the sites that sent you the clicks. Your three referring Facebook pages should be listed here with how many visitors they have sent.

Look at Direct Traffic -> Landing Page and you will see the pages on your site referenced above that received the clicks and matched the criteria we have set.

In your real world application of this information you will need to substitute:

facebook-example-

With:

Your sites actual pages you are trying to search for. If they don't follow a series like my example of 1, 2, 3 you can type in the page path for the first one, then Notice the Add 'AND' statement and click it. Should be self explanatory of what to enter in there (page 2) and then do it again for page 3.

After you have Saved Segment you will find it by clicking the Advanced Segments button at the top of the page. It will be on the right side menu box. Check it off and it will be used to filter your data. Then you can check Traffic Sources to the left or Content to get that data you saw in the testing phase of this example.

To see all of the data again without filters click on Advanced Segments, remove the check for your new filter on right side box. Then click apply below left side box. You will see normal reports with all data.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    V_RocKs, May 8, 2013 IP
  4. gpcmedicalltd

gpcmedicalltd Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

V_RocKs have done good work..

FridaWadsby, please try this way for tracking your pages in google analytics.

Thanks

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    gpcmedicalltd, May 9, 2013 IP
  5. smithangela

smithangela Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can check source & visits of any page of your website on Google Analytics under "Site Content=>Landing Pages"section.

smithangela, May 14, 2013 IP
  6. hewentout

hewentout Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think _trackPageview() will help.

hewentout, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  7. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why not set them up as Goals? :)

Just define them as "Registration" or whatever and you'll conveniently track it all.

Good Luck!

Tom Green, Jun 12, 2013 IP