1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I take advantage of my Facebook Page with 12k likes

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Alex Lawford, May 5, 2015.

Hey guys, how can I start making money from my Facebook page? It has currently just hit 12k likes and I feel like I may be missing out on trying to make a bit of cash.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated :) !

Alex Lawford, May 5, 2015 IP
  2. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a start, you could use it to promote things that you'll get commission for. Don't do this too much though - I've unliked pages that constantly do this. Don't seem promotional.

Get a website and promote it through your Facebook?

Sign up on Fiverr and get people to pay you to advertise their sites on your page. Are all the likes active?

pianogirl, May 5, 2015 IP
  3. Alex Lawford

Alex Lawford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep, the likes are active. Would people still pay to advertise their sites on my page even if my page does not fit within their niche?

4. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    Hmm, they might do. Although you're better off targeting people whose sites would fit in your niche. What is the Facebook page about?

5. Alex Lawford

Alex Lawford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The page is about Football Casuals. A Casual is a subsection of association football culture that is typified by football hooliganism and the wearing of expensive designer clothing. It is a very targeted niche so i'm not sure as to whether any sites would be interested in paying me to advertise their site.

6. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    I'm sure some would. You'd be surprised how many people are on Fiverr looking to advertise football/sports sites. Although 12k likes isn't a lot compared to some people on there, I think the fact that yours are active will be in your favour.

7. Alex Lawford

Alex Lawford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wicked, thanks for the advice. How do I go about promoting my Gigs on Fiverr? or will the traffic just come naturally?

8. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    You could always put it in the services forum here, I suppose? Also, I'm sure there are probably other ways to monetise your Facebook page - I'm not an expert. :)

9. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you need a website, then you could promote clickbank products or monetize the site with Adsense (depends of your niche). Don't promote directly on your page, you don't wanna lose your fans' engagement.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP
  10. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do whatever you can to get their e-mail addresses instead. That's my best advice.

Tedel, May 14, 2015 IP
  11. TrevorGreenfield

TrevorGreenfield Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend that you target your likes with something that would appeal to them that they only get when they join your mailing list. You can get a free account with mailchimp and in there you can create a short follow-up sequence for those that join your list. All you would have to do is put a post up with a link to your mailchimp list. Then in the 'thank you for joining' (the first follow-up email in your sequence) email you could provide the download link to your freebie or an affiliate link to an affiliate offer. Remember everyone that has liked your page gets notified every time you put a post up on your timeline.

Your free gift could be an information product or anything that would be inexpensive to create that would appeal to your followers. Once you have people on your list you can then market to them all sorts of products and services in the future. What about tee shirts through TeeSpring for example?

Hope this helps.

Trevor

TrevorGreenfield, May 15, 2015 IP
  12. John Sword

John Sword Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about Teespring? It's a great way to leverage your page. Since you have 12k likes, it's just a matter of coming up with a decent shirt design and promoting it to your followers.

John Sword, May 24, 2015 IP
  13. decondesignsmalaysia

decondesignsmalaysia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys how to bring FREE traffic to my Site www.decondesigns.com and convert sales?
    Thanks
    Bilal

decondesignsmalaysia, May 24, 2015 IP
  14. TrevorGreenfield

TrevorGreenfield Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of free traffic sources and if that's your preferred route you would do well to get some training on the different methods. My friend Rob Cornish has the best I know at a silly low price. PM me and I'll send you the link.

I suggest that you find forums related to your topic, review them, join the ones that suit your topic best and add good useful comments/posts on there. Create a signature with a link in it back to your site. You will need to understand the forum's rules about posting and signature links so you don't break their rules and get banned.

Also find relevant Facebook groups and do the same. Again observe their rules else you will get your account closed down. Reddit is another good source of free traffic using the same principle but in all cases you must obey the rules and not spam dozens of posts and comments a day just geared to get links back to your site.

All free traffic methods are going to be slow so you must be prepared for that. That's the benefit of paid traffic, it's almost immediate and you can have more control over it.

Hope that helps,

Trevor

TrevorGreenfield, May 24, 2015 IP
  15. Pat Waldron

Pat Waldron Member

Best Answers:
    Alex, you are building your social media empire, great job! However, the people who can help you best don't have the best reputations. It's because they are similar to publicists. Ultimately, the skill-set for running a business through social media is being an author/entrepreneur.

If you look at what you are building from an author's point of view, you have built an audience through writing. It makes sense to begin writing your book. You can include your audience in the writing of your book by make facebook pages or even a whole website with all types of goodies for your audience to peruse and comment on, surveys, videos, stories of your processes.

There are lots of people out there offering courses, webinars, and all types of online programs in building a social media empire. What's surprising is how much free information there is. Since you have 12k likes you have the chance to build a large list fast. If you have $1000 to invest in a class, by all means do it. If you don't have the cash. Just sign up for free content. You are looking for the best ways to market to your established audience and there is a ton of free content given away on how to do just that. What you pay for in a paid class is the feedback and confirmation by the teacher as well as contacts with other students. I can tell you which teachers I would recommend by PM or if you reply to this post. BUT, no way will I volunteer these guys names. They get the brunt of negative feedback because they have 5% and 7% success rates with their students. This is actually much higher that my Fine Arts program in college that had like 1 % job placement rate over the first 15 years after graduation. I think it plummeted after that:) I think it's higher than the writer's society I belonged to. It probably had a .5% success rate in getting members published and listed.

So, are you ready to step into the spotlight? Be ready to get aimed at by critics and naysayers. But also, be ready to connect with your audience in new and valuable ways. If you have that many likes, you may have the beginnings of something big. Give it a chance and make wise decisions.

Pat Waldron, May 24, 2015 IP