1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I run a Laravel website without first turning on Xampp?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by OwenWilsonSayingWow, Oct 4, 2017.

I am brand new to web development and have a very basic question that hopefully someone can answer.

I installed Xampp and then added Laravel/composer in the C:\Xampp\htdocs folder. I turn Xampp on using the desktop program, then open the command prompt and navigate to the project folder, and type "php artisan serve" and I view the IP address in my browser and view the website fine. But if I restart my computer and open the Xampp program, OR if I turn on the program and stop the running of the Apache server & MySQL database, I can still view the website in the browser.

If I am able to view and edit the website while Xampp is turned off, then what exactly is the point of Xampp? How am I able to view the website if there is no web server running?

OwenWilsonSayingWow, Oct 4, 2017 IP